Military Archives of the Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives
Helping Military Personnel, Veterans, their Families and Descendants Discover More About Their Service.
Placing military service in the context of social and cultural history since 2000, our collections concentrate on the United States Navy, but also include significant materials on World War I and the U.S. Army. We hold smaller, yet historically useful collections on World War II.
Most of these materials are in the form of books, yearbooks, brochures, historical documents, magazines and historical articles.
The GG Archives has only a few items pertaining to the U.S. Marine Corps.
- Brochures (Booklets, Brochures, Pamphlets, Leaflets, Flyers)
- Cruse Books
- USN Decorations and Citations
- Navy Documents
- Magazines (All Hands, Approach, Naval Aviation News, Naval History, Naval Institute Proceedings; Navy: Sea Power; Our Navy; The Hook: Journal of Carrier Aviation; TraNavy)
- Special Collections
- U.S. Naval Training Center Graduation Yearbooks ( Bainbridge, Great Lakes, Orlando, San Diego
- Magazines (Army Digest, Yank)
- The Draft / Selective Service System
- Training Centers (Camp Devens, Camp Dix, Camp Grant, Camp Pike, Camp Zachary Taylor, Fort Benning, Fort Campbell, Fort Dix)
- Unit Histories (88th Division, 346th Infantry, 351st Infantry).
Recruit Training Depots Graduation Yearbooks: Parris Island, San Diego
- French Currency
- Soldiers Bonus
- Soldiers Diary
- The Draft
- War Ration Books and Rationing
- Oral History: Battle of the Bulge Interview with survivor George Knaphus.