Prepaid Westbound Passage Ticket - Tourist Class - 13 November 1951
Swedish American Line Prepaid Tourist Class Westbound Passage Ticket, Departing from Bremerhaven for New York, Dated 13 November 1951. GGA Image ID # 12ce4cd6ee
Prepaid Tourist Class Passage Ticket dated 13 November 1951 for German Immigrant, Departing from Bremerhaven on 24 February 1952 and arriving in New York on 6 March 1962 on the MS Gripsholm of the Swedish American Line. Toral Fare was $193.00 Including $8 Head Tax.
SWEDISH AMERICAN LINE
PURCHASER’S RECEIPT for Westbound Prepaid Orders as mentioned in margin hereof. NOT TRANSFERABLE TO OTHER PERSON
Place and Date of Issue: Chicago 13 November 1951
Agent: SAL (Swedish American Line)
Prepaid Order From: Bremerhaven
To New York
Name of Passenger: Mrs. Margarete Lenz, Adult Female of Heidelberg, Germany, US Zone.
Connection with Outward Ticket No. EB 258889 ($185.00)
Rate, per Adult: $185.00
Amount Passage Money Paid: $185.00
US Head Tax: $8.00
Total Fare: $193.00
Purchaser: Mr. Gunner S. Anderson of Chicago
Departure from Bremerhaven: 24 February 1952
Arrival in New York: 6 March 1962
Ship: MS Gripsholm
- First Name : Margarete
- Last Name : Lenz
- Place of Birth : Germany
- Date of Arrival : 6 March 1962
- Age at Arrival : 51
- Gender : Female
- Ship of Travel : Gripsholm
- Manifest Line Number : 7
The purchaser should retain this receipt. The original order is being forwarded to the office of the Line nearest to the residence of the intending passenger. If the original order is retained by, or sent direct to the intending passenger, he must immediately upon receipt of same forward it to one of the European offices of the Swedish American Line listed therein. The office of the Line will then acknowledge receipt and forward full information of further requirements. The passengers are expressly cautioned not to leave their homes for embarkation until they have received explicit instructions from the Line to do so.
The original order provides that the Swedish American Line will furnish the person or persons named therein passage as specified or requested, if accommodation is available at the rate paid, subject, however, to the following terms and conditions, all of which are incorporated therein as part thereof:
- The order must be exchanged for a passage contract and passage will be furnished subject to all the terms, conditions, stipulations, limitations, exceptions and exemptions contained in the form of passage contract which is in use by Swedish American Line at the time when the order is presented for exchange.
- The passenger must be in possession of a valid passport, duly visaed, or an official document equivalent thereto, and all other documents which may be required by the authorities of the United States of America or Canada, and must be admissible to the United States of America or Canada, in accordance with the laws, rules and regulations applicable to persons seeking admittance to the respective country of destination. Aliens barred from landing in America include persons suffering from loathsome or contagious disease, idiots, insane, invalids or cripples, epileptics, persons likely to become a public charge, professional beggars, those convicted of felony, or other crime or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, polygamists, anarchists, prostitutes, contract laborers, blind, deaf or dumb, those suffering from Tracoma, Favus, Hernia, Tuberculosis, poor physique, or old age.
- Additional fare must be paid before embarkation in the following cases:—if passage is desired in a ship for which the rate is higher than that paid for in the order, if a seasonal increase is applicable, if this order is dated prior to a general increase in rates and presented for exchange for a passage contract after such increase becomes effective, or if a passenger named herein is found to be older on the day of sailing than the age limit for which passage has been paid.
- The order will be honored only if exchanged for a passage contract within one (1) year from the date of issue thereof.
- While name of class designated herein is subject to alteration, this will not mean any change in accommodation furnished.
- The Master or Owners will not be responsible for any consequences arising from hostilities or warlike operations between any nations, blockades, embargoes, regulations of any government authority, or any official interference with commercial intercourse. If the ship is detained in consequence of such actions, passengers will be charged for any extra time they are on board.
- Should the passenger not avail himself of passage as provided in the order, refund may be requested, and will be effected after deduction of commissions earned, cancellation fee, and such expenses and disbursements as may have been incurred in connection with the order.