Third Class Embarkation Coupon - SS United States - 16 May 1925
Scandinavian-American Line Third Class Embarkation Coupon for Passage on the SS United States, Departing from New York for Oslo Dated 16 May 1925. GGA Image ID # 16796f5376
Scandinavian American Line
Passage Contract No. 147442
Full Name of Passenger and Age: Mr. Johannes Hesch, 39
United States Revenue Tax: U.S. Revenue Tax of $5.00 Collected. Not Good for Paggage Until Revenue Tax Stamp has been Affixed.
$5 Revenue Tax Stamp Affixed.
Room No. 531
Steamship: United States
Sailing On: 38 May 1925 att 12:00 Noon
For Passage from New York to Oslo
Ocean Fare Paid: $103.50
European Fare Paid: $0
Date of Issue: 16 May 1925
Agency at Philadelphia
/s/ Signature of Agent
The Cost of Crossing the Atlantic in Third Class in Today's Dollars (2019)
The Price Measures
- $105.5 in 1925 has a relative price worth of $1,566.43 today using the Consumer Price Index (CPI)
- $105.5 in 1925 has a relative price worth of $1,250.75 today using the GDP Deflator.
The Wage, Income, Household Expenditure Measures
- $105.5 in 1925 has a relative wage of $6,332.18 paid to an Unskilled Worker today.
- $105.5 in 1925 has a relative wage of $8,360.30 paid to paid to a Production Worker today.
- $105.5 in 1925 has a relative Per Capita GDP of $7,906.62 today.
- $105.5 in 1925 would be the same proportion of what the average household spent on Consumer Goods and Services as $3,091.90 is today.
The Output Measure
- $105.5 in 1925 would be the same proportion of output as measured by GDP that $22,519.35 is today.