Steamship Passenger's Third Class Contract, White Star Line 1910
Third Class Passenger's Contract Ticket for a voyage on the S.S. Persic of the White Star Line from Sydney to Melbourne, Australia.
Room No. 2 Berth No. 6 No.2420
WHITE STAR LINE
Australia to London, via Cape Town, South Africa.
ISMAY, IMRIE & CO
1 COCKSPUR ST., S.W.,
38 LEADENHALL ST., E.C.,
CANUTE RD., SOUTHAMPTON,
30 JAMES ST., LIVERPOOL.
Your attention is especially directed to the conditions of transportation in this contract.
DALGETY & CO. Ltd. : SYDNEY. N.S.W., NEWCASTLE, N.S.W., BRISBANE., ROCKHAMPTON., TOWNSVILLE, Q., MELBOURNE., ADELAIDE., ALBANY., FREMANTLE.
WM. COTTS & CO. :
W. ANDERSON & CO. : CAPETOWN.
W. CROSBY & CO., : HOBART.
OCEANIC STEAM NAVIGATION COMPANY LIMITED OF GREAT BRITAIN.
PASSENGER'S CONTRACT TICKET.
1. A Contract Ticket in this form must be given to every Perron engaging a Passage as a Third lass (Steerage) Passenger in any ship proceeding from New South Wales to any plat e out of New South Wales immediately on the payment of deposit by such Third Class Steerage Passenger of the whole or any part of the Passage Money for or in respect of the Passage engaged.
2 The Victualling Scale for the Voyage must be printed in the body of the Ticket.
3. All the Blanks must be correctly filled in, and the Ticket must be printed in plain and legible characters, and legibly signed with the Christian Names and Surname and Address, in full, of the Party issuing the same.
4. The Day of the Month on which the Passengers are to embark must be inserted in Words and net in Figures.
5. When once issued, this Ticket must not be withdrawn from the Passenger. nor any Alteration, Addition, or Erasure made in it.
6. This Ticket is Not Transferable.
7. Contract Ticket shall not contain on the face thereof any condition, stipulation, or exception not contained in this Form.
British Steamship " PERSIC," of 11,974, Tons Register, to take in Passengers at SYDNEY for MELBOURNE on or about the Twenty first day of December 1910
To be paid at Sydney before Embarkation.
Received the Balance
NAMES. ,, AGE. Equal
NOTICE TO PASSENGERS.
This contract is made subject to the following conditions :—
1. The Steamer may tow and assist vessels in all situations, put back or into any port, and deviate from the direct and customary course.
2 If the Steamer shall be prevented by any cause from sailing or proceeding in, the ordinary course, the Passenger may at the Ship Owner's expense, be transhipped to any other steamer bound for the port of destination
3. Neither the Ship Owner nor the Passage Broker or Agent is responsible for loss of or injury to the Passenger or his luggage or personal effects, or delay on the voyage arising from steam, latent defects in the Steamer, her machinery, gear or fittings, or from act, of God, King's enemies, perils of the sea or rivers, restraints of princes, rulers and peoples, barratry or negligence in navigation of the Steamer or any other vessel
fn rky for whatever Wines. MO- T : s, or Mineral Waters they may require, at prices as Y.e Seale
5. Neither Merchandise, Specie, nor Bullion allo.,ed to be carried mute, the designation of Luggage.
6. Neither the Ship Owner nor the Passage Broker or Agent is in any for loss of or injury to or delay in delivery of luggage or personal
effects of the Passenger beyond the amount of £10 unless the value of the sam, in excess of that sum be declared at or before the issue of this Contract Ticket, and freight at current rates for every kind of property (except pictures, statuary, and valuables of any description, upon which one per cent will be charged) is paid, Passengers may however, secure themselves against loss (with the usual exception of perils of the sea, &c.) of Money, Watches, Jewelry, or other Valuables, by handing the same to the Purser, declaring the value, and paying a percentage thereon for their custody. For articles so deposited with him, the Purser gives a receipt on a printed form, and no claim will be recognized by the Company without production of such receipt signed by the Purser.
7 The Passenger is not liable in respect of his luggage or, personal effects to pay or entitled to receive any general average contribution.
8. If the Passenger does not use this Ticket for the Ship and date mentioned 13n the face of it or if it is lost or mislaid, it is to be considered as cancelled, and the passage money will be absolutely forfeited.
9. The Steward's Fee is charged in the Passage Money.
10. Passengers will have to defray their own expenses in the event of the Steamer being detained in quarantine. Passengers will be charged 5s. per day for their maintenance on board during the period of such detention.
11. All questions arising on this Ticket shall be decided according to Fr lish Law, with reference to which this Contract is made.
BREAKFAST AT 8:30 A.M.—Porridge, Quaker Oats, Tea and Coffee, Toast and Hot Rolls, Fish, Grilled con and Fried Eggs, Devilled Bones, Irish Stew, Minced Collops and Mashed Potatoes, Mutton Chops, Chipped potatoes, usage and Rice, Liver and Bacon; Stewed Tripe and Onions, Irish Stew, Curry and Rice, Dry Hash, Sausage and Mashed Potatoes, according to the day of the week.
LUNCHEON AT 1 p.m.—Soup, Cold Roast Rest, Cold Roast Lamb and Mint Sauce, Cold Roast Mt Grilled Steak and Onions, Cold Brisket Beef, Corned Brisket of Beef, Boiled Ham, Stewed Breast of Lamb and Vegetables, Pie, Stewed Steak and Onions, Cottage Pie, Mutton and Potato lie, Pressed Corned Beef, Oxford Brawn, Jacket Potato read and Butter, Pudding, according to the day of the week.
DINNER AT 6.30 p.m.—Soup, Chicken Broth, Sheep's Head Broth, Fricassee of Chicken, Sauté, and Jugged Hare, Fricassee of Sheeps' Tongues, Haricot Mutton, Fricassee of Rabbit, Roast Lamb, Fillet Veal, Lemon S e, Roes Bibs of Beef, Roast Pork, Savory and Apple Sauce, Roast Mutton and Onion Sauce, Veal and Ham Cutlets, Bo' d Mutton, 'Boiled Pig's Cheek, Baked Pork and Beans, Roiled Corned Beef, Boiled Mutton and Caper Sauce, Pumpkin, Bo 'd Potatoes, Vegetables, Pudding, Fruit, according to the day of the week.
Mess Utensils and Bedding provided by the Ship
[Note: We were unable to read portions of this contract. Consequently the above information is incomplete.]