Steamship Ticket Contract - Norwegian Immigrant 1905
In this case, based on the transciption of the Passenger Manifest, Jens Julius Skafte was a Norwegian immigrant who had settled in Albert Lea, Minnesota and was returning to the United States from Scandinavia.
Route Followed: Copenhagen > Liverpool > Boston > Albert Lea
The Cunard Steam Ship Company, Limited,
1 Rumford Street
C. Mogensen, General-Agent
27 Nyhavn, Kjøbenhavn
Passager-Kontrakt Nr. 6467
C. Mogensen i Kjøbenhavn, Generalagent for Danmark,
og nedenanførte Passagerer angaaende Befordring
fra Kjobenhavn til Albert Lea, Minn.
Passagerens fulde Navn: Jens Julius Skafte
Sidste Opholdssted: Amerika
Rubber Stamp: STEMPEL FOR LÆGESYN - ESBJERG
I the undersigned C. Mogensen do hereby engage to forward by Steamship and railroad there above named passenger from the place of departure to the place of destination for the sum of Two Hundred Eighteen Kroner 20 Øre.
- Date of Contract: 11 March 1905 (Indicate on Danish Tax Stamp of 15 Øre affixed on upper left of Contract.
- Number of Pages: 1 (Reverse side is blank)
- Dimensions: 22.3 x 17.3 cm
- Name: Jeno Julius Skapte
- Arrival Date: 6 April 1905
- Age: 44
- Estimated Birth Year: about 1861
- Gender: Male
- Ethnic Background: Norwegian
- Port of Departure: Liverpool, England
- Ship Name: Ivernia
- Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts
- Last Residence: United States of America
Source Citation: National Archives and Records Administration (NARA); Washington, D.C.; Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at Boston, Massachusetts, 1917-1943; Microfilm Serial: T938; Microfilm Roll: 82.
Ancestry.com. Boston Passenger and Crew Lists, 1820-1943 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2006.Original data:
- Boston, Massachusetts. Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Boston, Massachusetts, 1891-1943. Micropublication T843. RG085. 454 rolls. National Archives, Washington, D.C.
- Boston, Massachusetts. Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Boston, Massachusetts, 1820-1891. Micropublication M277. RG036. 115 rolls. National Archives, Washington, D.C.
- Boston, Massachusetts. Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at Boston, Massachusetts, 1917-1943. Micropublication T938. RG085. 269 rolls. National Archives, Washington, D.C.