Norwegian Immigrant Inspection Card - Cunard R.M.S. Laconia - 1913
Immigrant Inspection Card issued in 1913 by the Cunard Line on board the R.M.S. Laconia to a Norwegian Immigrant traveling in Steerage. The card provided important information including port and date of departure, name of ship, immigrant name, last residence, medical inspection stamps and evidence of immunization.
Sanitary Inspection 10 June 1913
for Ludvig Gjønvik
Section A, Room 57 aboard the R.M.S. Laconia
- Port of Departure: Liverpool
- Date of Departure: June 10th, 1913
- Name of Ship: R.M.S. Laconia
- Name of Immigrant: Ludvick Gjønvik
- Last Residence: Drontheim (Trondheim, Norway)
- Contract Ticket Number: 9227?
- Inspected and Passed at ???den Consulate, Liverpool Sanitary Inspection 10 June 1913
- No. on ship's list or manifest: 8
- Stamped: M and X
- Section A, Room 57
- Keep this Card to avoid detention at Quarantine and on Railroads in the United States. (Message repeated in Swedish, German, French, Dutch, Polish, and a Slavic language?)
- Vaccinated indicated by Stamp
Learn more about Ludvig Gjønvik, a Norwegian immigrant to America in 1913:
View photographs of the interior of the R.M.S. Laconia of the Cunard Line -- the steamship he traveled to America in third class / steerage.