Vintage Brochure - White Star Line Majestic: The World's Largest Ship - 1922
One of the finest brochures issued by the New York Office of the White Star Line. It covers the first class accommodations with a visual record of the grand luxury of the public area, dining salooon, lounges with a few photographs of the elegant second class accommodations.
This Brochure, the Majestic: The World's Larges Ship is For Sale.
The World's Largest Ship
White Star Line
1 BROADWAY, NEW YORK
MAJESTIC: An Ocean-borne Palace
MAJESTIC, the world's largest ship, heads The Magnificent Trio, carrying out the schedule of weekly sailings of the New York-Cherbourg-Southampton service of the White Star Line. The two other members of this splendid group are the world-famous Olympic and the beautiful Homeric.
As the world's largest ship the Majestic has a claim to distinction apart even from that of her celebrated associates, while the proportions and elegance of her passenger accommodations are in consonance with her size and dignity.
Majestic is 956 feet long, zoo feet broad and 102 feet deep, with nine decks, 1,245 staterooms and capacity for 4,100 passengers. As at present measured she is 56,551 gross tons register. Her displacement (weight) is approximately 64,000 tons. She has turbine engines of 100,000 maximum horsepower, with quadruple screws.
She has crossed between New York and Cherbourg in 5 days, 5 hours and 21 minutes, and to Southampton in 5 days, ii hours and 3o minutes. All her usual crossings are made in less than six days. Impressive size and superlative luxury characterize her public apartments, while her staterooms represent the highest standard of excellence in equipment and facilities for service.
Photographs of the First Class Accommodations:
- Public Areas - Entrances and Lounges
- Entrance and Oak Paneling -- The Lounge
- Lounge Ceiling of Carved Wood and Crystal
- Foyer and Entrace to the Lounge
- Restaurants and Dinning Saloon
- The Beautiful à la Carte Resturant
- Palm Court and Approach to Restaurant
- Lofty Central Hall of First Class Dining Saloon
- Looking Down One Side of the Dining Saloon
- Other Public Rooms
- The Spacious Reading and Writing Room
- The Splendid Pompeian Swimming Bath
- The Smoking Room is Built Like An Old World Hall
- The "Gym" Has Varied Equipment
- Staterooms and Suites
- View Through Sun Verandah In A Regal Suite
- Sun Verandah With Window Flower Garden
- Drawing Room In One Of The Many Suites
- Regal Suite Bedroom With Inlaid Walls
- Two-Bed Room With Bath Connecting
- A Typical Single-Bed Stateroom
Photographs of Second Class Accommodations
- Second Class Accommodations on the Majestic
- The Lounge in Second Class is Attractive
- View In The Second Class Smoking Room
- Second Class Dining Saloon - Light and Airy
- Second Class Stateroom, with Outside Light
Information about Brochure
- Date of Publication: Undated but believed to be 1922 - the year White Star Line took over the former Hamburg America Line S.S. Bismarck
- Published by: White Star Line, New York
- Publication Number: H-1085
- Dimensions: 20.2 x 12.5 cm