Norwegian-American Studies, Volume 24 - 087732050X
Norwegian-American Historical Association
Volume 24 in this series features articles on The Norwegian Press in North Dakota, The Social Criticism of Ole Edvart Rølvaag and Norwegians in New York.
Title: Norwegian-American Historical Association , Norwegian-American Studies, Volume 24
Publisher: The Norwegian-American Historical Association
Location: Northfield, Minnesota
Pub. Date: © 1970
Notes: Dedicated to the Memory of Theodore C. Blegen. Personal inscription to former owner.
Dust Jacket: No
Synopsis: Extracts from the archives of the Norwegian-American Historical Association relating to Immigration, Norwegians in America and Norwegian-Americans.
Table of Contents
- Haugen, Einar (tr.), "Thor Helgeson: Schoolmaster and Raconteur,"
- Clausen, C. A. (ed. and tr.), "The Letters of Mons H. Grinager, Pioneer and Soldier, collected by Per Hvamstad,"
- Lovoll, Odd Sverre, "The Norwegian Press in North Dakota,"
- Kaplund, Paul, "H. Tambs Lyche: Propagandist for America,"
- Eckstein, Neil T., "The Social Criticism of Ole Edvart Rølvaag,"
- Hamre, James S., "A Thanksgiving Day Address by Georg Sverdrup,"
- Arestad, Sverre (ed.), "Hamsun and America,"
- Benson, Thomas I., "Gold, Salt Air and Callouses,"
- Hoover, Knight, "Norwegians in New York,"
- Folkedahl, Beulah (ed. and tr.), "Some Recent Publications,"
- Folkedahl, Beulah (ed. and tr.), "From the Archives,"