The Shipbuilder 1907 - 1914: Volume 2 (1997)
Author: Mark D. Warren, Ed.
Title: The Shipbuilder 1907 - 1914: Volume 2
Edition: Limited, deluxe, boxed edition.
Publisher: Blue Riband Publications, Incorporated
Location: New York
Pub. Date: January 1997
Language: English US
Subjects: 1. Ocean liners -- History -- 20th Century; 2. Shipbuilder (London, England).
Size: 7 1/2" x 9 7/8"
Dust Jacket: Yes
List Price: US$ 94.95
Synopsis: In a format similar to the first book, Volume 2 has 314 pages featuring 53 famous ships of the period. Unquestionably the finest books ever produced on ocean liners, you will be enthralled as you are taken back in time for a journey you will never forget.
Read how the liners were constructed and launched, see the advertisements from the makers of Olympic's and Titanic's fittings. 314 pages. 313 photos, 70 additional illustrations, 29 diagrams, 64 plans, 11 cutaways, 5 pages of color plates, 2 tissue subscription forms, 116 wonderful advertisements and 20 folding ships plans.
Ships covered include:
Principessa Jolanda, Corsican, Heliopolis, Asturias, City of Paris, Grampian, President Grant, Oceania, Hesperian, Martha Washington, Afrique, Waratah, Morea, Vasari, Orsova, Otway, Osterley, Otranto, Orvieto, Franconia, Laconia, Kaiser Franz Josef I, Vandyck, Medina, Orama, Arlanza, Vestris, Vauban, Pastores, Appam, Niagara, Kristianiafjord, Bergensfjord, Congress, Gablonz, Marienbad, Empress Ekaterina II, Gelria, Tubantia, Columbus, Alsatian, Britannic, Calgarian, Cap Polonio, William O'Swaldt, City of Exeter, Aquitania, Imperator, Vaterland, Alcantara, Statendam, Cap Trafalgar, Bismarck.
Lavishly illustrated, each carries a large number of photographs including ships, their interiors, machinery and fittings, construction and launching.
Volume 2 is 304 pages followed by eight pages adverts and one fold-out advert.
The following ships are detailed in Volume 2 of the The Shipbuilder 1907 - 1914:
- Cunard Twin Screw Steamer "Franconia" (Sister ship of the S.S. Laconia) - Deck Plan plates
- Twin Screw Passenger Liners and Cargo Steamers "Gablonz" and "Marienbad" Plan of Engine Room;Section through Engine Room; Plan of after Boiler Room; Deck Plans; Section through forward Boiler Room
- Allen Liner Alsatian - Elevation of Engine & Boiler rooms; Deck Plan Plates; 3 additinal Engine Room Cross Sections
- Cunard Liner Aquitania - Deck Plan Plates; Engine Room Plates & Elevations
- Imperator - Deck plan plates; Engine Room Elevations
- Cap Trafalger - Engine Room Elevations; Deck Plan Plates
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- v. <1-2 > : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- 0964815303 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 0964815311 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
LC classification (full)
- VM381 .D57 1995
LC classification (partial)
- Shipbuilder (London, England)
- Warren, Mark D.
- v. 1. 1906-1914 -- v. 2. 1907-1914
- Ocean liners--History--20th century.
Dewey class no.
Type of material