Strangers at the Door: Ellis Island, Castle Garden, and the great migration to America
Ann Novotny, Strangers at the Door © 1971, The Chatham Press, Inc. Riverside, Conneticut, Paperback, 210 Pages, 70137989 (pb), 325'.1'097472, 76375618 (hc). (Abridged Edition)
Haunting, moving, sometimes terrfying ... The full story --- in words and pictures -- of the courageous millions who migrated to America.
- I Ellis Island (1907) Picture Essay: Faces of the Immigrants
- II The Earliest Immigrants (to 1855)
- III Castle Garden (1855-1890) Picture Essay: Immigrants in Art and Fiction
- IV Ellis Island's Early Years (before 1907)
- V Life and Work in the New World Picture Essay: The Road to the West
- VI Famous Immigrants
- VII Ellis Island's Declining Years (1915-1932)
- VIII Ellis Island as a Detention Center and White Elephant Picture Essay: The American Welcome
- Appendix: Acknowledgements, Bibliography, Index.
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control Number: 70137989
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Novotny, Ann.
- Main Title: Strangers at the door; Ellis Island, Castle Garden, and the great migration to America.
- Published/Created: Riverside, Conn., Chatham Press 
- Description: 160 p. illus. 29 cm.
- ISBN: 0856990256
- Notes: Bibliography: p. 152-153.
- Subjects: Ellis Island Immigration Station (N.Y. and N.J.) United States--Emigration and immigration--History.
- LC Classification: JV6450 .N6
- Dewey Class No.: 325/.1/097472
- Geog. Area Code: n-us--- n-us-ny
- Links: Table of contents Index Sources cited Immigrant arrivals: a guide to published sources