Dinner Menu and Music Program, Holland America Line R.M.S. Noordam, 1907
The exquisite covers on this menu and program is a finishing touch on a fine variety of foods and beverages served on a steamship in 1907 of the Holland America Line. The Noordam served the Rotterdam to New York Transatlantic route. In French with English Translation.
The Back and Front Covers (Left and Right) of the Menu: On the left, T.S.S. New Amsterdam with views of the Social Hall and Ladies Japanese Tea Room. The front cover on the right, top to bottom: Michiel Adriaensz de Ruyter, Admiral of the United Provinces, Born 24 March 1607, Died 29 April 1676; Statue of De Ruyter at Flushing; Cornelis Tromp, Vice Commander of De Ruyter; and The "Zeven Provinciën" Flag Ship of De Ruyter.
R. M. S. NOORDAM, JEUDI le 20 JUIN 1907
- Hors d' oeuvre Varié
- Potage Americain
- Consommé Maison d' Or
- Tranches de Saumon Sauce Mousseline
- Filet de Boeuf a la Nivernaise
- Pommes Persilade
- Ris de Veau aux Champignons
- Asperges en Branche
- PUNCH MARQUISE
- Dindonneau Rôti
- Compote d' Abricots
- Salade Panachée
- Gâteau, Creme au Chocolat
- Pièce Montée en Nougat (Note 1)
- Fruit, Dessert
English Translation of Dinner Menu
- Mixed Hors d 'oeuvres
- American Soup
- Golden Soup of the House
- Sliced Salmon Mousseline sauce
- Filet of Beef à la Nivernais
- Apples Persilade
- Veal Sweetbreads with Mushrooms
- Asparagus in Branch
- French Punch made with wine
- Roast Turkey
- Cooked Apricot Dish
- Salad Panachée
- French Sponge Cake, Chocolate Creme
- Towering Desert Piece with Nougats (Note 1)
- Fruit, Dessert
- Mocca Beverage
Note 1: The tower is a dessert served at the end of a marriage. It may take different forms: pyramid of cabbage, superposisition cake on a pedestal. A model with two married is usually placed at the top of the tower.
R. M. S. NOORDAM
Jeudi, le 20 Juin 1907.
- "Billy" March Barron.
- Ouverture „La Chevalier Breton" Herman.
- Immer oder Nimmer. Walzer Waldteufel.
- Im Wald. Polka Borstlap
- Selection "Little Johnny Jones" Cohan
- Champagner March. Borstlap.
Information about Menu and Musical Program
- Date: Thursday, 20 June 1907
- Number of Pages Printed: 4
- Dimensions: 13.8 x 19.3 cm
- Language(s): French