Scandinavian American Line (Skandinavien Amerika Linen) Archives of Historical Documents, Passenger Lists, etc.
Det Forenede Dampskibs-Selskab Aktieselskab - The United Steamboat Company Corporation operates as the Scandinavian-American Line
In the early years, many immigrants from Scandinavia and the Baltic States crossed the ocean to the New World in ships from the Scandinavian American Line. Favored in the early 20th century, alike by those who crossed the Atlantic for pleasure and for business, the Scandinavian-American Line -- the descriptive name under which the company operated its passenger service between the United States and the Scandinavian countries -- typifies everything that made ocean travel a delight.
- 1912 Brochure: Direct Line From Scandinavia to America - Brochure provided to immigrants from the Scandinavian American Line, written in Swedish. Full English Translation not currently available.
- 1912 Brochure: Skandinavien-Amerika Linie, Enda Direkta, Post- Och Passagerare-Ångfartygs-Förbindelse Mellan Skandinavien Och New York Med Nya, Moderna och Ytterst Komfortabelt Inredda Dubbelpropeller-Express-Ångfartvgen Oscar II, Hellig Olav, United States, Samt Dubbelpropeller-Ångfartyget C. F. Tietgen (Coming Soon)
- 1917 Brochure: Scandinavian American Line - Passenger Information and Accommodations for First, Second and Third Class.
- 1920s Brochure: Passenger Service To and From Northern Europe - Scandinavian-American Line
- 1920-08-08 Dinner Menu - S.S. Frederik VIII - Second Cabin
- 1923-10-19 Lunch Menu - S.S. Frederik VIII
- 1924-05-10 Dinner Menu - S.S. Hellig Olav - Cabin
Other Scandinavian-American Line Documents in the Archives In the Queue For Uploading
- 1928-02-01 Brochure: Tourist Third Cabin - Scandinavian-American Line includes information about accommodations, Passage Rates, Bookings Beyond Ports of Call, Tourist Third Cabin Deck Plan - S.S. United States / S.S. Oscar II / S.S. Hellig Olav; Photographs of Wash Room, Typical Tourist Third Cabin Stateroom, Promenade Deck and Ship's Orchestra, Smoking Saloon on the Promenade Deck, Dining Saloon (Large) for Tourist Third Cabin. Sailing Schedule for 1928 and Tour Information.
- 1932 Brochure: Excursion to Scandinavia, Scandinavian Fraternity of America, Sponsored by Seattle Lodge No. 61. Leave New York on May 28 on board the Scandinavian-American Line flagship Frederik VIII. 12 Panels (Fold Out). Photographs include: S.S. Frederik VIII, Cabin on Steamer, and other destination scenes.
- 1913 Hat Ribbon (Cap Tally) Frederik VIII - Gold Lettering on Black Ribbon with Skandinavien Amerika Linen crest on both sides (Logo with flags of Sweden, US, Norway and Denmark (Clockwise).
- 1923-10-19 Lunch Menu, S.S. Frederik VIII, Second Cabin, In Danish and English