Scandinavian American Line (Skandinavien Amerika Linen) Archives of Historical Documents, Passenger Lists, etc.
Det Forenede Dampskibs-Selskab Aktieselskab - The United Steamboat Company Corporation operates as the Scandinavian-American Line
In the early years, many immigrants from Scandinavia and the Baltic States crossed the ocean to the New World in ships from the Scandinavian American Line. Favored in the early 20th century, alike by those who crossed the Atlantic for pleasure and for business, the Scandinavian-American Line -- the descriptive name under which the company operated its passenger service between the United States and the Scandinavian countries -- typifies everything that made ocean travel a delight.
|Scandinavian American Line (Skandinavien Amerika Linie)|
|1917 Scandinavian American Line: Regular Direct Communication Between New York and Norway, Sweden and Denmark|
|1917 Brochure covers History, Fleet, Accommodations (First, Second and Third Class), Connections at Ports, Information on Scandinavia and Offices and Agencies.|
|1920s Passenger Service To and From Northern Europe - Scandinavian-American Line|
|This 16-page brochure from Scandinavian-American Line is devoted to thier cabin service to and from Northern Europe. It contains information for passengers about their fleet and cabin accommodation. Second half of brochure (not uploaded) consists of two pages about the Countries of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark (Scandinavia), and Continental Tours from Copenhagen.|
- 1912 Brochure: Direct Line From Scandinavia to America - Brochure provided to immigrants from the Scandinavian American Line, written in Swedish. Full English Translation not currently available.
- 1912 Brochure: Skandinavien-Amerika Linie, Enda Direkta, Post- Och Passagerare-Ångfartygs-Förbindelse Mellan Skandinavien Och New York Med Nya, Moderna och Ytterst Komfortabelt Inredda Dubbelpropeller-Express-Ångfartvgen Oscar II, Hellig Olav, United States, Samt Dubbelpropeller-Ångfartyget C. F. Tietgen (Coming Soon)
|Dinner Bill of Fare from the Scandinavian-American Line - Skandinavien Amerika Linie|
|1920-08-08 Dinner Menu - S.S. Frederik VIII - Second Cabin|
Typical Sunday evening Danish menu that emphasizes meat and cheeses to make open faced Danish sandwiches that are very common throughout Denmark and especially Copenhagen. A delightful fare for Second Cabin guests of the steamship Frederik VIII in 1920.
|1923-06-25 Dinner Menu - S.S. Hellig Olav - Cabin|
Dinner Menu from the S.S. Hellig Olav of the Scandinavian American Line for Cabin Passengers on 25 June 1923 featured a very limited menu compared to other menus of that same era.
|1924-05-10 Dinner Menu - S.S. Hellig Olav - Cabin|
Combination Dinner Menu and Music Program for 10 May 1924 Cabin Passengers on board the S.S. Hellig Olav of the Scandinavina American Line on an Eastbound Voyage from New York to Copenhagen.
|Luncheon Bill of Fare from the Scandinavian-American Line - Skandinavien Amerika Linie|
|1923-10-19 Lunch Menu - S.S. Frederik VIII|
Lunch Menu, Scandinavian-American Line, S.S. Frederik VIII, 1923 for Second Cabin passengers included both hot and cold selections. Menu printed in Danish Only - Primarily Scandinavian dishes.
Other Scandinavian-American Line Documents in the Archives In the Queue For Uploading
- 1928-02-01 Brochure: Tourist Third Cabin - Scandinavian-American Line includes information about accommodations, Passage Rates, Bookings Beyond Ports of Call, Tourist Third Cabin Deck Plan - S.S. United States / S.S. Oscar II / S.S. Hellig Olav; Photographs of Wash Room, Typical Tourist Third Cabin Stateroom, Promenade Deck and Ship's Orchestra, Smoking Saloon on the Promenade Deck, Dining Saloon (Large) for Tourist Third Cabin. Sailing Schedule for 1928 and Tour Information.
- 1932 Brochure: Excursion to Scandinavia, Scandinavian Fraternity of America, Sponsored by Seattle Lodge No. 61. Leave New York on May 28 on board the Scandinavian-American Line flagship Frederik VIII. 12 Panels (Fold Out). Photographs include: S.S. Frederik VIII, Cabin on Steamer, and other destination scenes.
- 1913 Hat Ribbon (Cap Tally) Frederik VIII - Gold Lettering on Black Ribbon with Skandinavien Amerika Linen crest on both sides (Logo with flags of Sweden, US, Norway and Denmark (Clockwise).
- 1923-10-19 Lunch Menu, S.S. Frederik VIII, Second Cabin, In Danish and English