Hamburg American Line (HAPAG) Historical Steamship Menus at the Archives
Steamship Menus from European based steamship lines offer great insight into the foods served for each meal. Favorite German dishes were a staple of many voyages for the many meals served on the ships of the Hamburg American Line. Refrigeration afforded them considerably variety in the foods prepared during the 7 to 12 day voyage from Germany to the United States.
|Breakfast Bill of Fare from the Hamburg American Line (Hamburg-Amerika Linie)|
|1902-02-26 Breakfast Menu - Deutschland|
Breakfast Menu for the steamship Deutschland of the Hamburg-American Line featured a typical American fare including Buckwheat Pancakes, Omelots, Ham, Bacon, in addition to Rumpsteak, Calf's Liver and Grilled Vienna Sausages.
|Dinner Bill of Fare from the Hamburg American Line (Hamburg-Amerika Linie)|
|1933-07-02 Vintage Menu - Main Meal - Hamburg|
This is the Main Meal Menu from a July 1933 Voyage of the Hamburg American Line S.S. Hamburg. In the form of a menu card, this simple menu featured Philadelphia Pepper Pot, Roast Ribs and German Puff Pastries. In German with English Translation.
|Luncheon Bill of Fare from the Hamburg American Line (Hamburg-Amerika Linie)|
|1905-07-24 Luncheon Menu Card - Moltke|
Uniquely constructed luncheon menu card from the S.S. Moltke of the Hamburg-American Line consisting of 3 pieces of paper glued together by design. Featured quality graphics common among German steamship lines of that era.
- 1902-03-02 Breakfast Menu - S.S. Deutschland (English side only)
- 1910s - Undated Breakfast Menu for the S.S. Victoria Luise (1911-1914)
- 1936-07-03 Breakfast Menu for Friday; S.S. Hamburg
- 1937-07-30 Breakfast Menu, S.S. Hamburg, In German and English.
- 1937-03-11 Light Dishes Menu (Kleine Abendplatten), S.S. Hamburg, Thursday. In German and English.
- 1937-03-11 Dinner Menu, S.S. Hamburg, Music Program on back cover, Photograph of Dresden Zwinger on Front Cover. In German and English.