Cunard Line Archives of Historical Documents, Passenger Lists, etc.
The Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives has extensive holdings in Cunard Line Memorabilia from the 1880s through 1954. The Collections are organized by Passenger Lists, Steamship Tickets, Brochures, Menus, Periodicals, Books, Photographs and Miscellaneous.
Primary Cunard Line Steamship Company Collections at the Archives
- Cunard Line Articles
- Cunard Line Books
- Passenger Lists
- Cunard Steamship Tickets - Contracts for Passage
- Cunard Line Steamship Brochures
- Cunard Line Steamship Menus
- Cunard Line Periodicals (Magazines)
- History of the Cunard Line through 1910
Miscellaneous Historical Documents from the Cunard Line
Abstract of Log
Letters Written by Passengers on Board Cunard Steamships
- 1903-03-07 Letter written on board the R.M.S. Saxonia with Newspaper clippings on the 1,046 new Americans (immigrants) that were on board this voyage and reporting on a death of a young passenger and burial at sea.
Other Cunard Line Historical Documents
- 1913-06-10 Immigrants and Steerage Passengers Inspection Card, R.M.S. Laconia. Norwegian Immigrant including photograph.
- Baggage Contract and Receipt, Cunard Line S.S. Aurania, 1904
- Abstract of Log, Cunard Line R.M.S. Andania, Westbound Voyage No. 12, 1923
Other Cunard Line Miscellaneous Documents in the Archives In the Queue For Uploading
- 1900-03-20 Certificate of Discharge for a Seaman aboard the Lucania
- 1910s Poster - Cunard Line Royal Mail Steamers From Liverpool to New York and Boston via Queenstown - 5 1/3 Days across the Atlantic.
- 1912-06-29 Letter written during the voyage on the R.M.S. Caronia giving a great slice of life on board ship and a recap of the passengers met .
- 1912 Photograph of the R.M.S. Laconia at Riverside Docking Area, Liverpool.
- 1912 Photograph of the R.M.S. Laconia in Open Sea.
- 1912 Photograph of the R.M.S. Laconia from the Frank Braynard Collection
- 1913 Letter written on board the R.M.S. Franconia during voyage about activities and observations made about the ship.
- 1913-07-02 Itinerary and Souvenir Program, Tour B Conducted by E. W. Van Deusen, R.M.S. Carpathia Voyage from 2 July to 23 August 1913
- 1913-07-29 Abstract of Log, R.M.S. Laconia, Boston to Liverpool in 6 Days, 22 Hours, 42 Minutes. Reverse side is Photograph of R.M.S. Laconia.
- 1920s (Undated) Handwritten letter (partial) from passenger onboard the Cunard Berengaria (in service at Cunard 1921-1938
- 1920-04-15 Ricevuta Vaglia - Currency Enchage Receipt Text in Italian.
- 1920s Fold Out Maps: Ports of Call: Maps of Approaches to North Atlantic Ports - Cunard Line. Includes Quebec - Montreal & St. Lawrence River; New York and Hudson River Approaches; English Channel and Southampton; English Channel - Cherbourg & Le Havre; Liverpool & The River Mersey; and South Coast of Eire and Cobh.
- 1922-08-24 Program of Concert: In aid of the Seaman's Charities of New York and Liverpool, R.M.S. Scythia
- 1923-06-17 Abstract of Log of the Cunard R.M.S. Andania, Voyage 12, Captain E. T. Britten, R.D., R.N.R. From London, Southampton and Cherbourg To Quebec and Montreal. Voyage June 7-17. Illustration of R.M.S. Andania on Reverse Side.
- 1925 ca. Atlas of the World: Cunard Line, Anchor Line 36 pages of mostly maps with a hand-written notation of "around 1933-34 - another estimate of the time this was printed.
- 1926: Atlas: Cunard and Anchor Lines - Atlas of the World. 36 Pages.
- 1927-01-23 Abstract of Log, R.M.S. Laconia II, Liverpool to New York via Queenstown. Recap of voyage January 15-23 of 7 Days, 14 Hours, 39 Minutes. Captain E. T. Britten, R.D., R.N.R. Illustration of R.M.S. Laconia II on reverse side.
- 1928-10-07 Abstract of Log, R.M.S. Ausonia, Southampton to Quebec and Montreal via Queenstown, Captain G. R. Dolphin, R.D., R.N.R. Voyage from September 29-October 7: 6 Days, 10 Hours, 36 Minutes, 2,296 Miles. Photograph of R.M.S. Ausonia on Reverse Side.
- 1929-07-16 Landing Arrangements at Cherbourg & Southampton, R.M.S. Berengaria, New York to Cherbourg and Southampton.
- 1929-07-19 Entertainment Program: In aid of British and American Seamen's Institutions, R.M.S. Berengaria. Includes a complete listing of the institutions which benefit.
- 1929-07-22 Abstract of Log, R.M.S. Berengaria, 5 Days, 18 Hours, 47 Minutes New York to Southampton via Cherbourg. Photograph of R.M.S. Berengaria on reverse side.
- 1929-09 Program of Events, Monday through Thursday, R.M.S. Aquitania. Typo in omission on complete date.
- 1930-07-12 Immigration Control Card, Form B 46, Tourist Third Cabin Passenger Barah Smith, S.S. Ascania, From Cherbourg to Quebec and US.
- 1930-09-15 Abstract of Log, R.M.S. Lancastria, Southampton to New York via Havre, Captain B. B. Oram, R.D., R.N.R. Voyage from September 6 - 15, 1930 covering 3,152 Miles. Length of Passage: 8 Days, 10 Hours, 36 Minutes. Photograph of the R.M.S. Lancastria on reverse side.
- 1931-01-10 Program of Events, R.M.S. Scythia, Listing of Social Events from Monday, January 12th through Saturday, January 17th on a voyage from Liverpool to New York via Belfast and Halifax. Captain G. Gibbons, R.D., R.N.R. Includes Deck Sports Program on back cover.
- 1932-09-02 List of Passengers - Weekend Cruise, S.S. Berengaria, New York to Halifax and returning to New York on 6 September. Captain E. T. Britten, R.D., R.N.R.
- 1934-02 Postcard: The Queen Mary No. 534 The World's Largest Liner with London skyline in background - Valentine's Post Card Printed in Great Britain.
- 1954-06-17 Postcard: Illustration of Cunard R.M.S. Queen Mary