Cunard Collection - Chairmen - University of Liverpool
A summary of Holdings of the Cunard Line Archives at the University of Liverpool pertaining to Section C, Chairmen. Transcribed from the Table of Contents, Catalogue of the Cunard Steamship Company held at the University of Liverpool, 1980.
Chairmen - Index to Section C
Sections C1-5 contain correspondence to and from the respective chairmen whilst in their term of office. The files span the chairmanship of Lord lnverclyde, Sir Alfred Booth, Sir Thomas Royden, Sir Percy Bates, Mr F A Bates, and Col Dennis H Bates covering 1902 - 1959. The correspondence received and entered into by each chairman includes official, semi-official and personal letters.
- Ca :- Lord Inverclyde (2nd) 1902 - 1905
- C1 :- Sir Alfred Booth 1909 - 1922
- C2 :- Sir Thomas Royden 1922 - 1930
- C3 :- Sir Percy Bates 1930 - 1946
- C4 :- Mr F A Bates 1946 - 1953
- C5 :- Col Dennis H Bates 1953 - 1959
The information under the heading 'Principal contents' is a summary of the file title, occasionally with a note of the main subjects within the file.
Records of the Cunard Steamship Co Ltd
- Reference Number: GB 141 D42
- Held at: Liverpool University, Special Collections and Archives
- Dates of Creation: 1840-1990 [principally 1878-c1965]
- Physical Extent: boxes, volumes and oversize items - the number runs to over 1000
- Name of Creator: Cunard Steamship Co Ltd