The Forgotten Soldier
1967 The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer. Translated from the French by Lily Emmet. Ballantine books, 1972. First Printing, 566 pages.
The most shattering Slaughter - Saga of our Age.
Autobiography/war book - The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer an international best seller. The greatest true story of armed combat ever written.
The forgotten soldier brings the reader closer to the actual experience of twentieth - century warfare in all its shattering terror that any other book. "This devastating first hand story of a young German soldier trapped in the lethal machinery of total war is probably the most powerful reading experience you will ever have."
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 75095981
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Sajer, Guy.
- Uniform Title: Soldat oublié. English
- Main Title: The forgotten soldier. Translated from the French by Lily Emmet.
- Edition Information: [1st ed.]
- Published/Created: New York, Harper & Row 
- Description: vii, 465 p. map (on lining papers) 25 cm.
- Notes: Translation of Le Soldat oublié.
- Sajer, Guy.
- Germany. Heer --Biography.
- World War, 1939-1945 --Campaigns --Eastern Front.
- World War, 1939-1945 --Personal narratives, French.
- Soldiers --Germany --Biography.
- LC Classification: D764 .S234513
- Dewey Class No.: 940.542/1
- Language Code: engfre
- Geographic Area Code: ee----- e-gx---