Manual for Soldiers in France: In Town and Field Service
G. Ruffier, Manual for Soldiers in France: In Town and Field Service, © 1918, L'Édition Française Illustrée, Paris, Hardcover, 104 Pages.
- Pronunciation, Grammer, etc.
- Time, Dates, etc.
- At the Railroad Depot
- At the Steamer's Office
- Other in-town situations
The Manual for Soldiers in France of Mr. Fuffier is a clearly thought out piece of work, of high value to those wihing to obtain a swift and accurate access to the idioms of daily conversation, of army usage, of social need. The words and phrases are well chosen, the presentation is intelligent.
The book could have been written only by a person who understands the temperaments, the customs, the daily life of the respective nations. The chapter on slang is of unusual popular interest as well as of service in apprehending the speech of the Poilu.
The entire pamphlet is a contribution to the international goodwill between France, England and the United States.
-- Arthur Gleason
Special Correspondent of the New York Tribune and the Century Magazine
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 18015683
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Ruffier, G. [from old catalog]
- Main Title: Manual for soldiers in France, in town and field service.
- Published/Created: Paris, L’Édition française illustrée [c1918]
- Description: 103,  p. illus. 16 cm.
- Subjects: French language --Conversation and phrase books (for soldiers, etc.) [from old catalog]
- LC Classification: PC2120.S7 R85