The First World War: An Illustrated History
A. J. P. Taylor, The First World War: An Illustrated History, © 1963,1970, Perigee Books, New York, Soft cover, 296 Pages, 0-399-50260-2. Dimensions (in inches): 0.79 x 7.67 x 5.20.
A rare event in historical writing -- a world-renowned historian combines personally selected illustrations with a brillant text to present an integrated, clearly reasoned narrative of the Great War. The book describes and analyzes the entire compass and course of World War I -- from Sarajevo to Versailles, from the Easter Rising in Ireland to the Russian Revolution, from Gallipoli to the bloody fighting on the eastern and western fronts.
The photographs -- more than 220, many never before published -- were chosen with meticulous care from such archives as the Imperial War Museum, Bibliothèque National and the National Archives in Washington in order to amplify and to illuminate Mr. Taylor's masterly text.
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 64010878
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Taylor, A. J. P. (Alan John Percivale), 1906-1990.
- Main Title: Illustrated history of the First World War [by] A. J. P. Taylor.
- Edition Information: [1st American ed.]
- Published/Created: New York, Putnam [1964, c1963]
- Description: 224 p. illus., maps, ports. 24 cm.
- Notes: First ed. published in London in 1963 under title: The First World War.
- Subjects: World War, 1914-1918 --Pictorial works.
- LC Classification: D522 .T3 1964
- Dewey Class No.: 940.3
- Other System No.: (OCoLC)253080
- Quality Code: premarc