Carrier: A Guided Tour of an Aircraft Carrier by Tom Clancy - 1999
New York Times #1 Bestselling Author
From the Cover
A RARE INSIDER'S LOOK AT LIFE ABOARD THE GREATEST WEAPON EVER CREATED...
Tom Clancy takes you on a mind-blowing tour of the U.S. Navy's crown jewel -- the aircraft carrier Is crew, its aircraft, and its domination of the high seas...
They are floating cities with crews of thousands. They are the linchpins of any military strategy, for they provide what has become the key to every battle fought since World War I: air superiority.
The mere presence of a U.S. naval carrier in a region is an automatic display of strength that sends d message no potential enemy can ignore. Now, Tom Clancy welcomes you aboard for a detailed look at how these floating behemoths function. With his trademark style and eye for detail, Clancy brings you naval combat strategy as no one else can.
- Takeoffs and landings: flying into the danger zone
- The aircraft onboard: their range, their power, their weaponry
- The role of the carrier in modern naval warfare
- Exclusive photographs, illustrations, and diagrams
PLUS: An interview with the U.S. Navy's Chief of Naval Operations, Admiral Jay Johnson
- Naval Aviation 101
- Hand on the Helm: An Interview with Admiral Jay Johnson
- Wings of Gold: A Naval Aviator's Life
- Building the Boats
- Tools of the Trade: Birds and Bombs
- Carrier Battle Group: Putting It All Together
- Final Examiniation: JTFEX 97-3
- Aircraft Carriers in the Real World
Information about Carrier
- ISBN: 0-425-16682-1
- Publisher: Berkley Books
- Stated Price: $16.00 U.S. $23.00 CAN
- Pages: 348
- Dimensions: 15.2 x 22.9 x 2.6 cm
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 99174425
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Clancy, Tom, 1947-
- Main Title: Carrier : a guided tour of an aircraft carrier / Tom Clancy.
- Edition Information: Berkley trade paperback ed.
- Published/Created: New York : Berkley Books, 1999.
- Description: xx, 348 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- ISBN: 0425166821 (pbk.)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 337-347).
- Includes video and game references (p. 348).
- United States. Navy --Aviation.
- George Washington (Aircraft carrier)
- Aircraft carriers --United States.
- Naval battle groups --United States.
- LC Classification: VG93 .C58 1999
- Dewey Class No.: 359.9/435/0973 21
- Other System No.: (OCoLC)40654493
- Geographic Area Code: n-us---
- Quality Code: lccopycat