1943 Bluejackets' Manual - Eleventh Edition
1943 The Bluejackets' Manual, United States Navy, 1943, Eleventh Edition, United States Naval Institute, Annapolis, Maryland.
The book measures 7 3/4" tall x 5 1/4" wide x 1 3/4" thick and contains 1145 pages. The forward indicates this edition was revised to eliminate obsolete material and freshen the contents to suit the needs of the Navy at War.
Section headings within the book are as follows: National Anthem (words only), Flags of prinicpal maritime nations (includes German WW II era flags), Distinctive flags and pennants of the United Sates, Subjects All Enlisted Men Should Know; Deck Seamanship; Boat Seamanship; Elements of Navigation and Piloting; Communications and Signals; Gunnery; Landing Force; Techical Features, Components of the Navy, Ship Facilities. The book is full of illustrations, drawings and some black/white photographs
Library of Congress Listing
- LC Control No.: 03001595
- Type of Material: Serial (Periodical, Newspaper, etc.)
- Main Title: The Bluejackets’ manual / United States Navy.
- Published/Created: Annapolis, Md. : United States Naval Institute,
- Related Names:
- United States Naval Institute.
- United States. Navy.
- v. : ill. ; 15-22 cm.
- Fifth ed. (1917) called also: Rev. Nov. 1916, and: Authorized ed.
- Began with 1st ed. (1902).
- Current Frequency: Irregular
- Cancelled/Invalid LCCN: sn 91028220
- Notes: At head of title, 1946- : U.S. Navy.
- Description based on: 5th ed. (1917).
- Imprint varies:
- 1917, New York, Military Pub. Co. --
- 1918, New York, E. N. Appleton. --
- 1922-1927, Washington, U.S. Govt. Print. Off. (varies slightly).
- Some issues in rev. editions.
- SERBIB/SERLOC merged record
- Subjects: United States. Navy --Sailors’ handbooks.
- LC Classification: V113 .B55
- Dewey Class No.: 359
- Other System No.: (OCoLC)ocm03045881
- Geographic Area Code: n-us---
- Quality Code: lcd premarc