Deck Class Steamship Ticket, Union-Castle Line, RMS Dunvegan Castle 1912
The Union-Castle Mail Steamship
DONALD CURRIE & CO., Managers LONDON.
This part to be torn off by the Steward and returned to the Passenger as proof of the delivery of his passage ticket. The Passenger must keep this part in his possession until the voyage is completed, and must produce it to the Officers of the Company when required.
Ticket Number Is.x. 2865
Issued at Port Said
on November 15 1912
M S Peroganakis
Passenger from Port Said
to Delagoa Bay
Per RMS Dunvegan Castle
Passage Money in full £11 - 0 - 0
SEE BACK OF TICKET.
TERMS, CONDITIONS and REGULATIONS under which Passengers and their Luggage are Conveyed,
- The whole of the Passage-money mist be paid prior to embarkation, one half being due on engaging accommodation. The issue of this ticket does not, in itself, entitle the holder to a passage until the full fare agreed upon has been paid.
Passengers failing to embark after having engaged a passage, fob felt the Passage-money deposited and must forthwith pay any balance then unpaid.
- No berth or cabin is to be occupied by a Passenger unless previously engaged at the Company's offices or agencies, or allotted by the Purser on board.
The Company reserve to themselves the right when deemed necessary in their judgment of transferring Passengers from one cabin to another, and of tilling any vacant accommodation in a cabin except in eases alien.: an additional stile gets been paid by the Passenger for the exclusive use of such accommodation by arrangement with the Company..
- The ordinary services of the Sur geou (when one is carried) and of the Stewards and Stewardesses (when carried) are included in the Passage-money, together with a free table, and also the use of
a bedding, linen, and the usual furnishings Passengers who by mason of illness or through any other cause require special attendance or accommodation will be charged extra therefor.
- Wines, Spirits, Malt Liquors, and Mineral Waters, etc.. are not included in the Passage-money, and are supplied on board at moderate charges. Passengers Igo s arc prohibited from taking on board Wines, Spirits, Malt Liquors, etc., for use during the voyage.
- The Regulations established on board of the Steamer for general good order, comfort, and safety, are obligatory on all Passengers.
- Passengers who may appear to the Officers or Agents of the Company to be by reason of sickness or infirmity unable to proceed, or to be for that or any other reason, likely to endanger the health or safety, or impair the reasonable comfort of other Passengers on board, or to involve the Owners, Master or Agent of the Ship in any liability for their maintenance or support, or otherwise, under or by virtue of any Imperial or Colonial or other law or regulation, may be landed at the port of embarkation many intermediate port. Passengers who by reason of Imperial or Colonial or other law or regulation, are prohibited from landing at destination, will be charged with the cost of their return journey in accordance with the Company tariff of fares, and will be conveyed back on the terms and conditions of passage herein specified, and may be required to proceed by any Steamer selected by the Company, and to pay for the -
cost of their maintenance on board the Company's Steamers until the sailing of such steamer on - her homeward voyage.
- The Company are wider no liability for anything that happens to Passengers or their luggage or personal effects before they actually come on board the Company's Steamers, or after -leaving such Steamers. While Passenger; and their luggage or effects are on board such Steamers the Company's liability is regulated by the conditions of this ticket, on the terms of which alone passages by the Compan s Steamers are granted.
- The Company will not be respon -Hite for any alteration in the date or hour of sailing or arrival of the Steamer. The Steamer may pr cad by any-route. and may tow and assist vessels in all situations, put back or into any port, earl d late from the direct and customary course for any purpose.
- The Company reserve the right to require Passengers to complete the contract voyage by any other ship, whether of their own or of any other line and to tranship for that purpose as and when required.
- Passengers desiring to break their journey at any intermediate port must have their Tickets endorsed accordingly, and they are required to defray their expenses while on shore at such intermediate port. While waiting on shore by reason of any damage or delay to Oa Steamer car, ying them, however caused, Passengers will have to bear their own expenses. While waiting at any port of call to embark on any other vessels Passengers will have to bear their o an expenses, and the Company do not guarantee accommodation on the Vessel they desire t• travel he -eat= -
a Ras" arranged. A,1 expenses of Quarantine shalt also be borne by the Passenger. yang full fare are allowed to carry under the name of lugg
- Adult third class Passengers rage
their own personal effects to the eat 1 of twenty cubic feet each free of charge, and children and
Passengers servants in proportion to the amount of Passage-money paid for them, as compared with the hill rate. Any excess over the quantities allowed free in accordance with the preceding part of this clause, will only be taken by special agreement made between the Passenger and the Company prior to shipment, and will be charged at the rate of 116 per cubic foot. All Passengers' luggage or personal effects must be shipped at the port of departure, and the Company cannot guarantee shipment of any such luggage or effects other than light articles for use in the cabin, unless such luggage or effects are tendered for shipment alongside the Steamer at least 24 hours before the advertised time of sailing.
- Merchandise and articles not being Passengers personal effects must not be carried muter the name of luggage, and if found on board will be charged for at double the current rates of freight. All specie, bullion, or other measure carried by Passengers above the value of £5o must be shipped as treasure, and paid for at the current rates of freight.
Small packages containing valuable articles may be deposited with the Purser on payment of a small charge on the declared value. r • --
- Passengers are prohibited from taking on board any dangerous goods, or goods the carriage of which is prohibited by the Merchant Shipping Act, 14394, or any other statute, or any matches in their luggage.
- The Company will not be responsible for loss of life or illness of, or injury to, or deter or delay of any Passenger however -- • even if caused by negligence or der
fly are prepared
servants or agents, or by unseaworthy or unfitness
moderate rates of premium when to effect the insurance of Pass' ' ales and all further information will be given on requested in writa_agalasalswa
to be responsible for the loss (including theft or
- Under no circumstances a ill th
robbery) or detention of, or delay or n Passengers' luggage or effects however caused,
d by negligence or default of the Company's the Ship, but the Company are prepared to effect the ,
even if such loss, detention, or alania4
servants or by unseaworthiness or unfitn
insurance. of Passengers luggage at moo :Ate rates of premium, when requested, in writing, by ' them so to do, either against sect risks Only or against certain further risks. Rates and a I further information will be given on application.
- In the event of any luggage or effects, intended for conveyance with a passenger by any of the Company's Steamers, being left behind t any port from any cause whatsoever, including the negligence of the Company's servants, the Company will endeavour to forward such luggage or effects, if properly labelled or identified as t property of such a passenger to its port of destination by the first convenient opportunity, unless' instructions in writing to the contrary are received by
the Company before the luggage or effects at forward. The Company shall be under no
legal liability in respect of forwarding site ;me or effects. and its transit after it ie nut on
board the Company's Steamer is on "a t passenger ticket issued to the plunger
- - with whom it was intended to travel. - a ' k
- The Company do not accept respon Y for any mistake, or oversight, or negligence,
or default, however arising, on the part of Agents or Servants, or any other person in the
performance of any service undertaken on half of Passengers, or intending Passengers, or
their friends, nor far the due performance , f such services, except in those cases in which, and subject to the conditions under which, a ' ial payment is made to the Company for the particular service, sod the Company in coast. TI, thou for such payment and under such conditions, have expressly undertaken to perform the
- This contract is to be interpreted ace
rding to English law.
THE UNION-CASTLE LINE.
NOTICE TO PASSENGERS.
Passengers are required to comply with the provisions of the South African Immigration Restriction Acts, of the Aliens Act, 1905, and any other Acts or Regulations in force for the time being, either in the Colonies or the United Kingdom, and the Company cannot undertake that any Passenger will be allowed to land in the Colonies or the United Kingdom.
Donald Currie & Co, Managers