Forwarding Parcels and Goods from Europe to America - 1890
Tourists desiring to have their purchases abroad forwarded to their homes in America, should send them with explicit directions to a forwarding agent at the nearest large port, who will ship them to his agent in New York, have them passed through the Custom House and sent to the place of destination.
The following are reliable agents at the principal European cities who will send applicants all necessary shipping directions :
ANTWERP P. J. Van der Schrieck & Co.
- HAMBURG ....C. B. Richard & Boas, 3 Steinhoeft.
- HAVRE Langstaff, Ehrenberg & Pollak.
- LIVERPOOL Langstaff, Ehrenberg & Pollak.
- LONDON, Langstaff, Ehrenberg & Pollak, Leadenhall Building.
- PARIS.. ...... . A. Ambroise, 54 Rue Hauteville.
- PLYMOUTH Smith, Sundius & Co.
- ROTTERDAM Steinmetz & Petit.
- SOUTHAMPTON . ...... Smiith, Sundius & Co.
- STETTIN Johannsen & Muegge.
- VIENNA Carl Wasser's Nachfolger.
When the value of the contents exceeds $50, the bill for them must be issued in duplicated and certified by the nearest American Consul ; in case it is less than $50 a simple bill will suffice. COPENHAGEN H. Klingberg-Krebs.
GOTHENBURG Aug. Leffler & Son.