Ocean Liner Booklets and Brochures For Sale at the GG Archives
Note: Unless otherwise stated, there is only one copy available. First Come-First Serve basis.
Current Brochures Available for Purchase: NORMANDIE of the French Line (c1938) Brochure; Cunard Passenger Log Book - Campania and Lucania (1893); The Steamship Leviathan - United States Lines Brochure (1923); Third Class Passage To Europe - United States Lines - n.d. (c1925); White Star Line Royal & United States Mail Steamers - n.d. (c1907); Majestic - The World's Largest Ship (c1920s); The Famous Big 4 of the New York - Liverpool Service - White Star Line (1909); Cabin Liner To Europe - Royal Mail Steam Packet Company (RMSP) - n.d. (c1923); Allan Line Royal Mail Steamers featuring New Steamers Built in 1907 (1907); Anchor Line Information For Passengers (1912); Cunard Line R.M.S. Franconia and Laconia (1911) EXTREMELY RARE; Famous Cunarders - Lusitania/Mauretania; Pannonia, Campania, Saxonia/Ivernia, Carmania/Caronia and Carpathia (1910); Le Nouveau Paquebot "France" de la Compagne Générale Transatlantique (1912); About Antwerp and The Red Star Line (1904); New York To Europe On U.S. Government Ships of the United States Lines (c1923); Empress of Britian World Cruse from New York Jan 9 1937 (1936); Norway Cruises 1905 Det Bergenske Dampskibsselskab Bergen and Det Nordenfjeldske Dampskibsselskab Trondhjem.; Dominion Line Royal Mail Steamers To Canada and the United States (1904); and Across The Atlantic - Hamburg American Line (1905).
NORMANDIE of the French Line (c1938) Brochure
Rare, Large Format NORMANDIE Booklet. French language booklet superbly illustrated with photographs and illustrations of the deck plans. Contents include: Introduction a la visite de Normandie; La conception du Navire; Quelques dates et quelques chiffres; Hall; Salle a manger; Chapelle; Salle de Spectacles; Hall Superierur; Galerie Salon; Grand Salon; Fumoir; Grill; Pont Promenade, Piscine, Sundeck; Jardin d'Hiver, Salons de Lecture et de Correspondance; Salle a manger et Salle de Jeux des Enfants; Appartements et Cabins. Printed in France. n.d. circa 1938. 68 Pages (Paginated).
Illustrations include location of public rooms in cutaway side view; Cutaway view looking at locations of decks on both sides of deck with the center location of Grand Salon and Grand Dining Room. Photographs include large format B&W of Le Hall; La Salle a Manger (Color - 2 pages); La Chappelle (Color); La Salle de Spectacles; La Galerie Salon; Le Grand Salon; Vers la Galerie Salon et le Hall Supérieur (Color); Vers la Grande Descente et le Grill; Le Fumoir; Un Coin du Fumoir et l'entrée du grand salon; La grande descente, le fumoir et le salon; Le Grill; Le Grill (Color); Le Bar Privé (Color); La Piscine (Color); Le sundeck et le court de tennis; Le Jardin D'Hiver; Le salon de lecture; Le salon de correspondance; La salle à manger (M. Phillipot, Arch.); Un appartement de grand luxe avec terrasse: "Deauville", Le salon (SUE, décorateur) (Color); La salle à Manger; Le Salon; Une Chambre; Le salon et la salle à manger; Le Chambre de "Jumieges:, appartement de luxe (NELSON, décorateur) (Color); Une cabine-terrasse (PROUX, décorateur); Une cabine extérieure (DOMIN, décprateir); Une cabine intérieure (CHEVALIER, décprateir); plus many more smaller photographs and illustration including various artwork and statues located in the great ocean liner NORMANDIE of the Compagnie Generale Tansatlantique French Line. 14" x 11" (36 cm x 28 cm)
Condition: Cover; Fair to good with some edging. Condition of interior content, Very Good.
Price $450 ( )
Cunard Passenger Log Book - Campania and Lucania (1893)
Absolutely Superb Booklet - 98 pages plus color covers. The front cover includes an illustration of the R.M.S. Campania, 1893, 12950 Tons, Length 625 Feet, plus a smaller illustration of the R.M.S. Britannia 1840. A beach scene with Mellin's Food is on the back cover. Booklet contains a short history of the Cunard Steamship Company and a description of the Royal Mail Steamers Campania and Lucania with numerous illustrations and a chart for recording daily runs. Printed in Glasgow by David Bryce and Son, 1893.
Photographs include:Promenade Deck; Bow view of the Campania before launch; Ribs and bow framing; The launch; Back view of engines showing thrust; Propellers; Starting gear; Boilers; Windlass Capstans; Vista of Promenade Deck; The Grand Stairway; The Dining Saloon; The Drawing Room; Drawing Room, Side View; The Smoking Room; The Library; Ventilators and Lifeboats; and the Pantry. Many illustrations throughout the booklet.
Specially prepared advertisements from companies like: Huntley & Palmer; Scribner's Magazine; Carbolic Smoke Ball Co.; J & W Tolley; Thomas Giles & Co.; Salt & Co. Brewers; Hotel Vendome; George Maclellan & Co.; International Fur Store; Anderton's Hotel; Hotel Marlborough; Cantrell & Cochrane Mineral Waters; Henry Gaze & Sons promotion of the World's Fair; Hotel Savoy; Chas. Haskell, Trunk and Bag Bazar; New York Holland House; Canadian Pacific Railway; Castle Line Royal Mail Service; The Oxford Bible for Teachers; John Broadfoot & Sons, Finnieston Brassfoundry; Jewsbury & Browns Oriental Tooth Paste; and Walkden's Inks. Very few of these excellent brochures every get on the market as collectors treasure them.
Condition: Good to Very Good throughout.
Price $500 ( )
The Steamship Leviathan - United States Lines Brochure (1923)
Almost Pristine brochure marking the launching of the Leviathan (ex. Vaterland of the Hamburg-American Line). 32 Pages plus covers of mostly photographs (many photos contain passengers or models) of the interior of this huge 59,956.65 Gross Registered Tonnage vessel.
Photographs include: The S.S. Leviathan as a troop transport during World War I; Lobby to the Main Saloon on "B" Deck; Another view of the lobby on "B" Deck; View of the Main Dining Saloon; The Ritz-Carlton Restaurant; The Ritz-Carlton Room; The Library; The Winter Garden; Corner of the Winter Garden, with the Ritz-Carton Restaurant in the background; The Social Hall; Corner of the Social Hall; Tea Room; Smoking Room; Double-Page painting of the S.S. Leviathan at Sea; Corner of Smoking Room; A room of the Leviathan ; Bedroom of a Suite; Corner of a Suite; Sitting Room of a Suite; Breakfast Room of a Premier Suite; Typical Stateroom with Fireplace; Bedroom of a Suite; Stateroom with Adjoining Bath; Room in the Leviathan; Typical Stateroom with Bath; Second Class Social Hall; and Second Class Lobby;
Condition: Very Good to Excellent - Minor rusting around staples.
Price: $350 ( )
Third Class Passage To Europe - United States Lines - n.d. (c1925)
Pristine 16 page booklet will provide much information for those researching their ancestors who arrived on a USL steamship in Third Class. The steamships covered in this brochure include: Leviathan; George Washington; President Harding; President Roosevelt; America and Republic. 14 Interior Photographs and Illustrations of The S.S. Leviathan; S.S. George Washington; S.S. Republic; S.S. President Harding; and S.S. America. Text and Captions throughout.
Photographs Include: S.S. Leviathan Third Class Dining Saloon; S.S. Leviathan Small Family Table in Third Class; S.S. America Third Class Dining Saloon; S.S. President Harding Small Private Table in Third Class; S.S. George Washington Third Class Dining Saloon; S.S. Leviathan Third Class Ladies' Lounge; S.S. America Third Class Lounge; S.S. President Harding Third Class Smoking Room; S.S. Leviathan Third Class Barber Shop; S.S. Leviathan Corner of Third Class Smoking Room; S.S. Leviathan After Covered Deck in Third Class; S.S. Leviathan Spacious Upper Deck in Third Class; S.S. George Washington Third Class Deck View; S.S. Leviathan Third Class Two-Berth Stateroom; and S.S. President Harding Four-Berth State Room in Third Class.
Price: $150 ( )
White Star Line Royal & United States Mail Steamers - n.d. (c1907)
40 pages of great information and photographs makes this an excellent brochure from the White Star Line covering all three classes of services at the height of the transatlantic immigrant trade. Profusely illustrated with many photographs of the ships and accommodations.
Photographs include: R.M.S. Oceanic, Twin-Screw, 17,274 Tons; Interior View of the Riverside Station, Liverpool; R.M.S. "Oceanic," First Class Dining Saloon, Showing Dome; (Collage): R.M.S. "Oceanic" First Class Smoke Room, Entrance to Library, and Library; R.M.S. Majestic, Twin-Screw, 10,000 Tons; R.M.S. "Teutonic," First Class Dining Saloon, Showing Dome; R.M.S. " Celtic," First Class Dining Saloon; R.M.S. Cedric and Celtic, Twin-Screw, Each 21,000 Tons, Two of the Largest Vessels in the World. After the Painting by C. M. Padday; R.M.S. "Cedric," And "Celtic," First Class Library, And Smoke Room; R.M.S. “Cedric and "Celtic," A First Class State Room; R.M.S. Arabic Twin-Screw, 15,800 Tons - The Largest and Fastest Steamer in the Boston Trade; R.M.S. Arabic First Class Smoke Room and Library; R.M.S. "Arabic," First Class Dining Saloon; R.M.S. Republic, Twin-Screw, 15,400 Tons; R.M.S. "Republic," First Class Dining Saloon, and Entrance To Dining Saloon; R.M.S. "Republic," First Class Library, And Lounge; R.M.S. “Romanic," First Class Dining Saloon; R.M.S. “Romanic," First Class Library; R M.S "Romanic” And "Canopic," Promenade Deck State Room; R M.S "Oceanic," Second Class Smoke Room. & Dining Saloon; R.M.S. Cedric and Celtic Second Class Dining Saloon, Library and Smoke Room; R.M.S. Cymric, Twin-Screw, 13,100 Tons; R.M S "Romanic," Second Class State Room, & Dining Saloon; R.M S "Romanic," Second Class Dining Saloon; Third Class Reading, And Dining Rooms; A Third Class 4-Berth Room, And Smoking Room; Third Class 6-Berth Room, and Dining Room; R.M.S. Cretic, Twin-Screw, 13,500 Tons; R.M.S. "Romanic," Third Class Promenade Deck; Queenstown-Landing the Mails ; Australian Steamers, Reading Room; S.S. Runic, Twin-Screw, 12,500 Tons; Australian Steamers. Smoke Room; R.M.S. Athenic, Corinthic and Ionic Twin-Screw, Each 12,250 Tons, The Largest Steamers in the New Zealand Trade.
Condition: VG - minor pencil writing on lower back cover (which is otherwise blank)
Price: $500 ( )
Majestic - The World's Largest Ship (c1920s)
This c1920s photograph album documents why the Majestic is an Ocean Born Floating Palace. 21 Elegant, high-quality interior photographs. Brief Text and Captions. Photographs include: Entrance to the Lounge; View of the Lounge and Ornate Vaulted Ceiling; View of A la Carte Restaurant; Palm Court showing approach to restaurant; Foyer and Entrance to Lounge; Reading and Writing Room; View of the lofty Central Hall in the First Class Dining Room; Side View of Dining Room; Pompeian Swimming Bath; Smoking Room; Regal Suite with View of Sun Verandah; Sun Verandah with Window Flower Garden; Drawing Room in one of the many suites; Regal Suite Bedroom with Inlaid Walls; Two-Bed Room with Connecting Bath; Typical Single-Bed Stateroom; The Gymnasium; Second Class Lounge; Second Class Smoking Room; Second Class Dining Saloon; and Second Class Stateroom.
Condition: VG to Excellent. Small stray ink marking on front cover.
Price: $200 ( )
The Famous Big 4 of the New York - Liverpool Service - White Star Line (1909)
1909-04-16 Brochure: The Famous Big 4 of the New York Liverpool Service - The Adriatic, Baltic, Cedric and Celtic - 8 Page brochures packed with photos (Interior and exterior) and information on the ships. Extremely Rare Brochure.
Photographs include: The Adriatic off The White Star Piers at New York; The ADRIATIC, largest of the White Star Line's Big Four, passing the skyscrapers of New York City on her way to sea. One of the most distinguished of Atlantic liners, the ADRIATIC is 24,541 tons register, 726 feet long and 75.5 feet wide.; A game of bridge in the Lounge; Drawing Room on the Baltic. Harmony and restful seclusion make this a delightful apartment in which to pass quiet hours with a book or friend.; Happiness is the keynote of days spent on deck aboard the Big Four ships of the White Star Line, for the decks are unusually spacious and the ship delightfully steady.; On board the big Adriatic the Writing Room is an example of harmony and beauty in design and furnishings, contributing to restful ease. The large windows are characteristic of the writing rooms on White Star ships. The general effect strikes a distinct note of elegance.; A spacious Verandah Cafe; Dining Saloon on the Adriatic; An elevator running the passenger decks is an added convenience, to be found on many modern liners.; Each White Star Line ship has a carefully selected library, with a choice of books appealing to all ages and varied tastes. Current periodicals, both American and European, are also carried.; The Cedric and Celtic of the White Star Line's Big Four convey at a glance an impression of commanding size and abundant power. They are sister ships, and only a mariner could distinguish one from the other when at sea. The illustration shows the Cedric.; Stateroom, with double bed.; A spacious single-bed stateroom.
Condition: VG. Brochure intentionally folded in half making a total of 16 panels.
Price: $1000 ( )
Cabin Liner To Europe - Royal Mail Steam Packet Company (RMSP) - n.d. (c1923)
Beautifully preserved brochure from the roaring Twenties that featured the Royal Mail steamships Orbita, Orca and Orduña that promoted cabin class service to Europe -- Southampton, Cherbourg and Hamburg. 16 Pages + Covers.
Richly illustrated with black and white photographs including: Entrance Hall and Enquiry Office; Social Hall; Dining Saloon; Ball Room (Orduña & Orbita); Smoking Room; State Room; Three-Berth Cabin; Four-Berth Cabin; Gymnasium; Verandah Cafe; Promenade Deck; and exterior views of the Orbita, Orca and Orduña in the center page.
Price: $85 ( )
Allan Line Royal Mail Steamers featuring New Steamers Built in 1907 (1907)
Extremely Rare Allan Line Brochure featuring Second Cabin Accommodations on their three new steamships built in 1907: The S.S. Corsican (11,000 Tons, Twin-Screws); S.S. Grampian (10,000 Tons, Twin-Screws); and the S.S. Hesperian (10,000 Tons, Twin-Screws). 14 Page + Covers with great text, photographs, Fleet List and deck plans.
Photographs include: Captain, Officers, and Crew of the Twin Screw S.S. Corsican; Second Saloon Smoking Room (S.S. Corsican); Second Saloon Dining Room (S.S. Corsican); Second Saloon Music Room (S.S. Corsican); Second Cabin Stateroom (Steamer not identified); and the S.S. Corsican at Sea on the back cover.
Illustrations include: S.S. Corsican on the Front Cover (Color); Plan of Second Cabin Triple Screw Turbine Steamer "Virginian"; Plan of Second Cabin Triple Screw Turbine Steamer "Victorian"; Plan of Second Cabin Twin Screw S.S. Tunisian; Plan of Second Cabin Twin Screw S.S. Corsican; Plan of Second Cabin New Twin Screw S.S. Grampian; and Plan of Second Cabin Twin Screw S.S. Ionian.
It is extremely rare to see a brochure from the Allan Line and they often involve bidding wars at auctions.
Condition: Fair to Good, brochure was originally folded in thirds (likely for mailing). Back page has some small tears and some lettering removed on the lower right (see photograph above).
Price: $450 ( )
Anchor Line Information For Passengers (1912)
Extremely Rare Superb almost pristine brochure of Interesting Tours in Ireland, Scotland and England via Anchor Line Transatlantic Steamships, New York to Glasgow via Moville (Londonderry) by the Henderson Brothers, General Agents, located in New York and Chicago. The first nine pages are devoted to text and photographs of the Anchor Line steamships. The last four pages pertains to passenger accommodations, services, hints for travelers, schedule of selected tours and brief information about Second Cabin. The rest of the brochure is devoted to sightseeing in Ireland the the British Isles.
Steamship related photographs include: The Anchor Line pier; New York Harbor; Promenade Deck (unnamed ship); and Four young women out on deck. Full-page photographs include: First Cabin Dining Room; Music Saloon; First Cabin Stateroom; and Smoking Room.
Of all the Sightseeing Photographs, only one occupied a full-page -- Shaklin--Isle of Wight.
Condition: VG to Excellent
Price: $500 ( )
Cunard Line R.M.S. Franconia and Laconia (1911) EXTREMELY RARE
Near Perfect Brochure has been very well preserved for over a century that provides some of the best information and photographs available on these two short-lived vessels (both sunk during World War I). The Laconia was also known as the Silver Queen, as she carried a load of silver on the voyage that she was torpedoed by a German submarine. They were billed as the largest and finest steamers in the Boston service. Rightfully so, as this brochure preserves the memories of these two fine steamships of the Cunard Line. 36 Pages + Covers. (Unpaginated)
Photographs included (numbered by page number of brochure)
- Photos 1 and 4: R.M.S. Franconia on the Stocks; and, Taking the Water - the Launch
- Photo 2: The Cunard New Twin-Screw Steamers R.M.S. FRANCONIA and LACONIA.
- Photo 5: Corridor on "A" Deck
- Photo 6: Hall and Staircase
- Photo 7: First Class Library and Writing Room
- Photo 8: Fireplace in the Writing Room
- Photo 9: A State Room in First Class
- Photo 10: The Lounge in First Cabin
- Photo 11: The Gymnasium
- Photos 12 and 13: The Gymnasium; Fireplace, Smoking Room, First Class
- Photo 14: Smoking Room in First Class Showing Elliptical Bay Window
- Photo 15: The Verandah Café
- Photos 16 and 17: Where the Tea and Coffee is Prepared; Chef's Office
- Photo 18: Dining Saloon in First Class
- Photo 19: Covered Promenade in First Class
- Photos 20 and 28: Two-Berth Room - First Class; Four-Berth Room - Second Cabin
- Photos 21 and 33: The Marconi Wireless Room; Engine Room - Dynamos and Switchboard
- Photo 22: Drawing Room, Second Cabin
- Photo 23: Dining Saloon, Second Cabin
- Photos 24 and 25: A Corner of the Dining Saloon, Second Cabin and State Room, Second Cabin
- Photo 26: Smoking Room, Second Cabin
- Photo 27: Covered Promenade, Second Cabin
- Photos 29 and 32: The Dispensary; A Corner of the Kitchen
- Photo 30: Dining Room, Third Class / Steerage
- Photo 31: Ladies' Room, Third Class / Steerage
- Photo 34: Four-Berth Room in Third Class / Steerage
Condition: VG to Excellent
Price: $1,250 ( )
Famous Cunarders - Lusitania/Mauretania; Pannonia, Campania, Saxonia/Ivernia, Carmania/Caronia and Carpathia (1910)
Superb Advertising Brochure, PC size with 8 panels (two sheets of four panels each), one panel describing the routes and listing agencies around the world. Each B&W ship photo is the same view that appeared on the Famous Series of Cunard Postcards issued during the same time period. Issued 21 March 1910. Incredibly Rare brochure that predates the Titanic. Stamp of original agent issuing the brochure on front cover. Rarely Available.
Condition: VG to Excellent
Price: $350 ( )
Le Nouveau Paquebot "France" de la Compagne Générale Transatlantique (1912)
Paris, Draeger Printer, . Paperback 8vo of 36p., Strong embossed paper cover, gold. Very nice condition. Very rare and highly sought after hard-cover booklet is illustrated with numerous photographs, drawings and a double page color illustration By Albert Sébille that contained the ship, the S.S. France. This new ship features: All the latest improvements, all the amenities, comfort and a luxury hitherto unknown to ensuring the most enjoyable passenger crossings.
- Date of Printing: 1912
- Printed by : Draeger, Paris, France
- Pages: 36
- Cover: Hard - No Dust jacket . Gold imprinting on Front Cover, Embossed.
- Binding: String
- Dimensions: 15.3 cm x 22.5
- The steamship France of the Compagnie Generale Transatlantique on its maiden voyage for New York (April 20, 1912).
- Living room of a Luxury Apartment on the S.S. France.
- Dining Room of Luxury apartment.
- Private lounge of a deluxe luxury apartment.
- Corner of the First Class Dining Room
- De luxe cabin.
- First Class Cabin With Bath
- First Class Lounge
- First Class Cabin
- Second Class Smoking Room
- Children's Play Room
- Down the hall from the First Class Dining Room
- First Class Grand Hall
- Grand Salon of the First Class
- Moorish Living Room
- Gallery of the First Classes.
- Mechanical therapy
- Coffee - Terrace
- Hydrotherapy Room
- Collage of Library First Class, Grand Salon First Class; Salon Mixed First Class and First Class Smoking Room.
- A Corner of the First Class Dining Room.
- Salon Mixed First Classes.
- First Class Salon
- A corner of the Mixed Salon First Class.
- First Class Gallery
- First Class Grand Salon
- Grand Salon Chimney of the First Class.
- The Wheelhouse.
- Group of Dynamos.
- A Boiler room.
- Table Operation of Turbines
- Statue of "La France" by Nelson (Grand Hall of the First Classes)
Condition: VG to Excellent. Some spots on cover. Interior almost pristine.
Price: $350 ( )
About Antwerp and The Red Star Line (1904)
Published by the Red Star Line, New York and Antwerp, © 1904 by the Red Star Line. 46 Pages, Unpaginated, 24 cm Library of Congress Classification YA 17595
Incredibly rare brochure published by the Red Star Line. Richly illustrated with photographs of the Antwerp harbor and city and of the ships of the Red Star Line.
Full-Page Photographs include:
- The Steen Landing in Antwerp
- Interior of the Antwerp Bourse
- Entrance to the Great Docks
- The Musee Steen
- Antwerp "Dog Cart"
- The "Dog Cart" Team Resting
- Courtyard of the Plantin-Moretus Museum
- The Twin-Screw S.S. Vaderland, Type of the New Red Star Line Steamships
Smaller Photographs Include:
- The Red Star Line Pier at Antwerp
- Various Dock Scenes
- Interior Views of the Plantin-Moretus Museum
- First Class Entrance Hall
- Upper Deck Landing
- First Class Dining Saloon
- First Class Library
- Promenade Deck Suites
- Upper Deck Stateroom
- First Class Smoking Room
- The Ships Band
- Second Class Dining Saloon
- Second Class Ladies Room
Centerpiece Panoramic Illustration of Antwerp - The Hotel De Ville and the Winding Scheldt
Cover Illustration a Panoramic view of Antwerp Harbor
Condition: VG to Excellent
Price: $450 ( )
New York To Europe On U.S. Government Ships of the United States Lines (c1923)
Queenstown | Plymouth | Cherbourg | London | Bremen | Danzig
Published by the United States Lines, Operators for the U.S. Shipping Board, n.d. c1923 features the S.S. George Washington and the S.S. America. This lavishly illustrated 16 page brochure includes photographs of the S.S. George Washington (exterior) and The Social Hall; Smoking Room; First Cabin Stateroom; Second Class Smoking Room; Grand Social Hall; Writing Room; Smoking Room; Dining Saloon; First Cabin Stateroom; Music Room; Steward serving tea to passengers; Passengers lounging on deck chairs on deck; assorted pictures of passengers playing games on deck; The Ship's Band; Officers checking position with the sun; Mail Cargo; and the centerpiece is a two-page spread of Cabin Plans of the S.S. George Washington (Decks B and C only). S.S. America Photographs include exterior view; Dining Saloon, Writing Room, Social Hall; and Third Cabin Deck Space. Other photographs include: Dining Room, Exterior view of the S.S. President Monroe; and a Typical Cabin Stateroom. One page is devoted to a route map from New York to European Ports. Also include information, text, and a list of Offices and Agencies of the USL. Brochure designed to be folded in half as shown in the covers, but contents utilize full-page spreads.
Condition: VG to Excellent
Price: $85 ( )
Empress of Britian World Cruse from New York Jan 9 1937 (1936)
Published by Canadian Pacific in 1936, this nearly mint condition brochure is 64 pages plus covers with great cover graphics and black & white photographs, text, information for passengers, information about each port of call, Iternery, recreation at sea (with many photos of passengers), list of excurions and optional excursions, large route map (two-page spread) and two-page spread of exterior photograph of the S.S. Empress of Britain, and a list of offices and agencies world-wide.
Photographs include (incomplete list):
- two-page exterior view of the Empress of Britain showing tenders along side.
- Passengers playing shuffleboard
- Passengers playing tennis on full-size doubles court
- Passengers Dancing
- Passengers in Entrance Hall
- Passenger Golfing
- View of Kobe, Japan Piers with Empress of Britain in Foreground
- The Empress of Britain passing through the Panama Canal
- Passengers Dancing on deck in the moonlight
- Passengers lounging on the Sun Deck
- Passengers strolling down the Promenade Deck
- Passengers in the Cafe-Parlor
- Passengers enjoying morning bouilon
- Passengers enjoying a meal at the Salee Jacques Cartier, the famous dining saloon
- View of the Turkish Bath, Frigidarium
- View of a modern Barber Shop, passenger gets a shave
- Woman passenger gets her hair done at the beauty parlor
- Passengers shown at various recreational activities including Deck Golf and Pink Pong (one view)
- Small photograph of the Empress of Britain and Chateau Frontenac Hotel, Quebec
- Small photograph of Empress of Japan -- the Largest and Fastest ship on the Pacific
Condition: VG to Excellent
Price: $100 ( )
Norway Cruises 1905 Det Bergenske Dampskibsselskab Bergen and Det Nordenfjeldske Dampskibsselskab Trondhjem.
The Royal Mail Route to Norway. Newcastle -- Stavanger -- Bergen -- Trondhjem.
Yachting Cruises in 1905 to the Fjords of Western Norway, The North Cape, The Land of the Midnight Sun. 76 Pages plus Covers, Published by Thomas Cook & Son, New York.
What makes this brochure exceptional is the original owner, a passenger on one of the cruises, made notes about the cruise that provide additional context and information beyond the typical marekting text you would find in a cruise brochure from this era. The binding is loose, but the brochure is intact.
A sample entry by the original owner: "Left Voss at 2:30 p.m. in two wheeled carts called by English "posting - carts" -- by Norwegians, "Stokljierre". Two people ride on one seat & pearched up behind is the driver who puts his reins between us. I will send you a picture of us some day."
- Norwegian Royal Mail Route to Norway
- Newcastle. Stavanger, Bergen
- Yachting Cruises to The Fjords of Western Norway, Cruise I.
- Fares of Shore Excursions.
- Extended Cruise to Western Norway, Cruise II.
- Yachting Cruises to the Western Fjords and North Cape, Cruise III.
- Yachting Cruises to The North Cape, the Land of the Midnight Sun, Cruise IV.
- Summer Yachting Cruises from Hamburg to Stavanger, Bergen and Trondhjem
- Express Mail and Passenger Service between Bergen, Trondhjem, Hammerfest and Vadso
- Fares including Food
- Order of Meals
- General Regulations
- Trains in connection with Steamers to and from Newcastle
- The North Sea
- Coast of Norway
- Sol strand (Sunny Beach), Os
- Hardanger Costumes
- Vossevangen, Railway Excursion
- Voss: Places of Interest
- Stalheim, Drive to
- Gudvangen and the Naerofjord
- Hjörund Fjord
- Geiranger Fjord
- Merok (Geiranger)
- Nordland: The Land of the Midnight Sun, and the Cruise to the North Cape
- Tromsö to Hammerfest
- Hjelmso Stauren
- The North Cape
- The Midnight Sun
- Return Voyage
- The Lyngenfjord
- The Lapps
- Lofoten Islands
- Custom House Examination
- List, of Principal Telegraph Offices
- Postal Arrangements
- Coasting Fares
- Exchange Table
- Plans of Steamers
- S.S. Vega
- S.S. Ragnvald Jarl
- S.S. Kong Harald
- S.S. Neptune
- S.S. Venus
- S.S. Mercur
- Map (Back Cover)
Condition: Used - Acceptable
Price: $100 ( )
Dominion Line Royal Mail Steamers To Canada and the United States (1904)
Extremely Rare brochure from the Dominion Line, 22 Pages plus Covers representing a photograph album of their fleet including the S.S. New England; S.S. Canada; S.S. Dominion; S.S. Labrador; S.S. Vancouver; and the S.S. Scotsman; (All exterior photos). Testimonials from their passengers and listing of their offices are included in this brochure. High quality full-page Black & White Photographs thoughout the brochure.
List of Interior Photographs
- One of the Saloon Promenade Decks, Steamship "New England"
- First Cabin Dining Saloon (Looking Forward) - Steamship New England,' Seating Accommodation for 160 Passengers
- First Cabin Dining Saloon (Looking Aft), Steamship "New England”
Seating Accommodation for 160 Passengers.
- First Cabin Lounge, Steamship "New England"
- Library, Steamship "New England"
- First Cabin Smoking Room, Steamship “New England"
- First Cabin Stateroom, Steamship “New England"
- First Cabin Stateroom "A.," Promenade Deck, Steamship “New England"
- First Cabin outside Staterooms (En Suite), Upper Deli,
Steamship "New England"
- Hairdressers and Toilet Saloon, Steamship “New England"
- Second Cabin Dining Saloon, Steamship "New England”
Seating Accommodation for 100 Passengers
- Second Cabin Stateroom, Steamship "New England”
- Second Cabin Smoking Room, Steamship "New England"
- Second Cabin Ladies' Room, Steamship “New England"
- Third Class Dining Room (Looking Forward), Steamship "New England"
- Third Class Bedroom with Two Berths, Steamship “New England"
- Third Class Smoking Room, Steamship "New England"
Condition: VG to Excellent
Price: $900 ( )
Across The Atlantic - Hamburg American Line (1905)
An incredibly rare catalog of the ships of the Hamburg-American Line. Across The atlantic: Photographic Reproduction of the Company's Various Types of Steamers Comprised in the Transatlanic Passenger Services © 1905 published by South Publishing Press, New York. Booklet is paginated only from page 5 through 20 (Cover and Title Page are counted as 1-4).
Information about the Brochure
- Title: Across the Atlantic: Hamburg-American Line
- Published: 1905
- Publisher: Hamburg-American Line, New York
- Pages: 80
- Dimensions: 13.5 x 10.5 x .5 cm
The binding is partially split as shown in the photograph above, but the pages are loose but intact. Staple binding has been removed for preservation purposes.
- Historical Notes
- The Fleet
- Fifty Different Services
- Leviathans of the Deep
- Atlas Line Service
- On Summer Seas: A Romance of an Ocean Voyage
Steamships of the Hamburg-American Line
- S.S. Deutschland Photographs
- S.S. Moltke and Blücher Photographs
- S.S. Hamburg Photographs
- S.S. Pennsylvania, Patricia, Graf Waldersee and Pretoria Photographs
- S.S. Prinz Oskar and Prinz Adalbert Photographs
- S.S. Prinzessin Victoria Luise Photographs
- Steamship Photographs of the Atlas Line Service
Listing of Full-Page Photographs
Essentially these are high quality photographic postcards from that Era without borders.
- S.S. Deutschland in the open seas.
- Cupola and Main Saloon - S. S. Deutschland
- Main Saloon - S. S. Deutschland
- Ladies' Parlor - S. S. Deutschland
- Partial View of Drawing Room - S.S. Deutschland
- Companionway - S.S. Deutschland
- Smoking Room on the S. S. Deutschland
- Grill Room on the S. S. Deutshcland
- Ladies' Parlor, Second Cabin - S. S. Deutschland
- Smoking Room, Second Cabin - S. S. Deutschland
- The S.S. Moltke and Blücher
- Promenade Deck - S.S. Moltke and Blücher
- Sheltered Corner on Promenade Deck - S.S. Molke and Blücher
- Cupola and Main Saloon - S.S. Moltke and Blücher
- Main Saloon - S.S. Moltke and Blücher
- Grill Room - S.S. Moltke and Blücher
- Smoking Room - S.S. Moltke and Blücher
- Ladies' Room - S.S. Moltke and Blücher
- Gymnasium - S.S. Moltke and Blücher
- Chambre de Luxe - S.S. Moltke and Blücher
- Main Saloon - Second Cabin of the S.S. Moltke and Blücher
- Ladies' Parlor - Second Cabin of the S.S. Moltke and Blücher
- Music Room - Second Cabin of the S.S. Moltke and Blücher
- Smoking Room - Second Cabin of the S.S. Moltke and Blücher
- Promenade Deck - S. S. Hamburg
- Main Dining Saloon - S. S. Hamburg
- Music Room - S. S. Hamburg
- Vestibule and Companionway - S. S. Hamburg
- Corner of Smoking Room - S. S. Hamburg
- S.S. Pennsylvania, Patricia, Graf Waldersee and Pretoria
- Promenade Deck - S.S. Pennsylvania, Patricia, Graf Waldersee and Pretoria
- Entrance Hall - S.S. Pennsylvania, Patricia, Graf Waldersee and Pretoria
- Main Saloon - S.S. Pennsylvania, Patricia, Graf Waldersee and Pretoria
- Smoking Room - S.S. Pennsylvania, Patricia, Graf Waldersee and Pretoria
- Social Hall - S.S. Pennsylvania, Patricia, Graf Waldersee and Pretoria
- S.S. Prinz Oskar and Prinz Adelbert
- Main Saloon - S.S. Prinz Oskar and Prinz Adelbert
- S.S. Prinzessin Victoria Luise
- Main Saloon and Cupola - S.S. Prinzessin Victoria Luise
- Entrance to Social Hall - S.S. Prinzessin Victoria Luise
- Social Hall - S.S. Prinzessin Victoria Luise
- Library - S.S. Prinzessin Victoria Luise
- Smoking Room - S.S. Prinzessin Victoria Luise
- Gymnasium - S.S. Prinzessin Victoria Luise
- Type of Steamship of the Atlas Line Service
Condition: VG to Excellent (except for partially split cover)
Price: $650 ( )