Write It Right: A Manual for Writing Family Histories and Genealogies
Donald R. Barnes and Richard S. Lackey, Write It Right: A Manual for Writing Family Histories and Genealogies, © 1983, Lyon Press, Ocala, Florida, Soft Bound, 124 Pages, 0-9620190-0-3.
A How-To guidebook on writing your family history and genealogy book. While it predates the current technology, the principles remain the same. Book has great advice on getting your book right the first time and turning that self-published book into one that will be desired by all family members interested in their history.
- Preparing to Write
- Numbering Systems
- Writing the Text
- The Final Draft
- Problems and Advice
- Citation and Bibliography
- Proofreaders' Marks
- Commonly Used Abbreviations.
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control Number: 83090241
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Barnes, Donald R. (Donald Ray)
- Main Title: Write it right : a manual for writing family histories and genealogies / by Donald R. Barnes and Richard S. Lackey ; introduction by John Frederick Dorman.
- Edition Information: 1st ed.
- Published/Created: Ocala, Fla. : Lyon Press ; Rockville, Md. : Order from D.R. Barnes Associates, 1983.
- Related Names: Lackey, Richard S.
- Description: xiii, 124 p. ; 22 cm.
- Notes: Includes index.
- Subjects: Genealogy--Authorship--Handbooks, manuals, etc. Report writing--Handbooks, manuals, etc. United States--Genealogy--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- LC Classification: CS16 .B32 1983
- Dewey Class No.: 929/.1 19
- Geog. Area Code: n-us---
- CALL NUMBER: CS16 .B32 1983