Preserving Family Keepsakes: Do's and Don'ts
- Author: Ilene (Chandler) Miller
- Title: Preserving Family Keepsakes: Do's and Don'ts
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 169
- ISBN: 0-938717-55-3
- Publisher: Shumway Family History Services
- Location: Yorba Linda, California
- Pub. Date: © 1995-1996
- Language: English
- Subjects: Preservation of Paper, Preserving Documents, Books, Photographs, Fabrics & Special Collections.
- Dust Jacket: No
- List Price: US$18.50
Synopsis: Working Guide to preservation of keepsakes. A non-technical approach to preservation that anyone can relate to. Includes the newest computer techniques for digitizing and copying old photographs. Discusses the causes of deterioration and discoloring of documents and photographs and how to treat and protect damaged documents and memorabilia.
From the Back Cover
A Working Guide includes:
- Introduction to preservation of keepsakes; not only what to do, but most of all, what not to do to ensure a long life for your documents and mementos.
- A non-technical approach to preservation that anyone can relate to; but especially directed to the family genealogist or family collector of keepsakes.
- Newest computer techniques for digitizing and copying old photographs.
- Causes of deterioration and discoloring of documents and photographs.
- Common misconceptions about glue, photo albums and page protectors.
- An introduction to deacidification and encapsulation.
- How to treat and protect damaged documents and memorabilia.
- How to display and store your treasures without going broke.
- What to do if you have done all the wrong things in the past.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHY PRESERVATION?
- PRESERVING DOCUMENTS
- FABRICS & SPECIAL COLLECTIONS
- GENERATING & PERPETUATING KEEPSAKES
- CONCLUSION CONSIDER YOUR OPTIONS
- GLOSSARY OF TERMS
- LIST OF SELECTED SUPPLIERS
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 96163612
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Miller, Ilene Chandler.
- Main Title: Preserving family keepsakes / Ilene Chandler Miller.
- Published/Created: Yorba Linda, CA : Shumway Family History Services, 1995.
- Description: 1 v.
- ISBN: 0938717553 : $20.00