Membership in the Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives
Your generous support helps the Archives increase the amount of quality materials available online and helps us preserve an extensive collection of ephemera for generations to come. Since 2000, the GG Archives has provided outstanding source documents and supplemental historical materials to our patrons. We take great pride in preserving the social and cultural history -- the future of our past.
The GG Archives seeks to preserve ephemera from the late 1800s through the mid-1950s to provide researchers and students with the rich social and cultural history of many transatlantic voyages in addition to military memorabilia.
The GG Archives collection represents acquisitions and contributions-in-kind from individuals, collectors and other archives. However, acquisitions over several decades from a variety of sources make up the largest portion of our archives. Once brought into our archives, we take steps to preserve the item for the future through archival safe storage methods and procedures including climate-controlled facilities.
The generosity of our patrons like you keeps our entire website accessible and free to use by all interested patrons. We receive no public funding and rely entirely on limited advertising and membership fees of supporting patrons like you.
Annual Membership is only $19.95 - Cancel Any Time via PayPal. Your Name Added to List of Sponsors on request.
Why Become a Member of the Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives?
- The GG Archives has been online since 1 January 2000.
- We have evolved to be the Premier Social and Cultural History Website featuring Ephemera from the 1880s through 1954
- This site continues to be one of the top research spots online for family historians, students, researchers, authors and collectors.
- The GG Archives is free for all to use … Currently over 5,000 pages.
- Our Military Section, particularly the US Navy Collections offers one of the most comprehensive collections of USNTC graduation books available anywhere. Your support through your annual members helps us continue to expand our library.
- The GG Archives receives its support from the Gjenvick Family, Advertisements, and Patrons like you.
- The GG Archives is majority owned and managed by a professional archivist who happens to have a disability -- epilepsy, originally diagnosed and treated since 1962. Through his tireless efforts, the GG Archives is his way to give back to the global community.
- The GG Archives goal is to make all of our collections available online to all users, made possible through your loyal patronage and support through our annual membership.
- New and renewing members added or renewed from October through December 2014 can request one passenger list in our inventory, to be transcribed during the first quarter of 2015 (January through March). The transcribed list will be uploaded to the website and you will be sent a link to that page when completed.
Paul K. Gjenvick
Archivist and Curator and volunteer at the GG Archives
Thank you to all of the supporters of the Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives!
Factoid: Founder Paul Gjenvick tried to enlist in the United States Navy in 1972. Following his pre-enlistment physical, he was unceremoniously rejected, receiving a 4-F classification, no waivers available due to his affliction with epilepsy. Now you know the rest of the story on why the GG Archives has an expansive US Navy collection.
If you need to cancel your membership, please use this button: