Membership in the Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives
2013: The 100 Year anniversary of the migration from Norway to the United States of Ludvig Kristian Gjønvik. His grandson, Paul, is the founder, sole owner, archivist, curator, administrator, IT staff person, web designer, developer, office manager, preservationist, and customer service representative of the GG Archives.
Your generous support helps the Archives increase the amount of quality materials available online. Since 2000, the GG Archives has provided outstanding source documents and supplemental historical materials to our patrons. I take great pride in preserving the social and cultural history -- the future of our past.
While subscription based sites like Ancestry.com offer more, but different content, their source of information is largely governmental records. They do not have to maintain large volumes of original documents, books, and ephemera at climate-controlled facilities. Ancestry.com and others like them, charge a [high] fee to access their records.
The GG Archives seeks to preserve ephemera from the late 1800s through the mid-1950s to preserve much of the social and cultural history of many transatlantic voyages in addition to military memorabilia.
The GG Archives collections represents acquisitions and contributions-in-kind from individuals, collectors and other archives. However, the largest portion of our archives has been acquired over several decades from a variety of sources. Once an item has been brought into our archives, it must be preserved for the future through archival safe storage methods and procedures including climate-controlled facilities.
The GG Archives prefers to keep our entire website accessible and free to use by all interested patrons. We receive no public funding and rely upon advertising revenues from this site and other websites owned by the A/G Group along with the generosity of our patrons like you.
Annual Membership is only $19.95 - Cancel Any Time via PayPal. Your Name Added to List of Sponsors on request.
Why Become a Member of the Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives?
- The GG Archives has been online since 1 January 2000.
- We have evolved to be the Premier Social and Cultural History Website featuring Ephemera from the 1880s through 1954
- This site continues to be one of the top research spots online for family historians, students, researchers, authors and collectors.
- The GG Archives is free for all to use … Currently over 5,000 pages.
- Our Military Section, particularly the US Navy Collections offers one of the most comprehensive collections of USNTC graduation books available anywhere. Your support through your annual members helps us continue to expand our library.
- The GG Archives receives its support from the Gjenvick Family, Advertisements, and Patrons like you.
- The GG Archives is majority owned and managed by a professional archivist who happens to have a disability -- epilepsy, originally diagnosed and treated since 1962. Through his tireless efforts, the GG Archives is his way to give back to the global community.
- The GG Archives goal is to make all of our collections available online to all users, made possible through your loyal patronage and support through our annual membership.
Paul K. Gjenvick
Archivist and Curator and volunteer at the GG Archives
Thank you to all of the supporters of the Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives!
Factoid: Founder Paul Gjenvick tried to enlist in the United States Navy in 1972. Following his pre-enlistment physical, he was unceremoniously rejected, receiving a 4-F classification, no waivers available due to his affliction with epilepsy. Now you know the rest of the story on why the GG Archives has an expansive US Navy collection.
If you need to cancel your membership, please use this button: