The Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives has been acquiring historical documents, books and ephemera since 1991. The four primary options for adding to collections of the Archives are:
- Public Auction – Swann Gallery of New York is one of the largest auction houses currently handling maritime collectibles
- Estate Sales – Viable only for major collectors / Collections
- Anonymous Purchase – This includes antique shops, used book stores, and memorabilia / ephemera dealers
- Contributions in Kind – We accept single document or small groups of documents that relate directly to the collections in our Archives. Please contact us in advance to obtain the proper form and mailing address.
- We also actively seek scans of historical documents owned by our patrons. We prefer high-resoltuion 600 DPI scans. We accept scans of 300 DPI or greater of documents or materials that you have that directly pertain to our Collections. Please contact us in advance for further instructions.